Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By Oiche
#44044
@TAG - :) Kudos to your super organisational skills bro. I've just started to think about the 'nightmare before Christmas'...
Love those suicidal LPs too. Bought up to the 'Controlled by Hatred...' on wax. I love that record, its probably my fave.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#44045
@oiche - I've actually bought the Mrs a copy of that for Christmas ;)

I'm a hardcore kid at heart, Black Flag, Cro Mags, Suicidal, all that stuff just reminds me of being a kid again.
By siforster
#44078
I lost my copy of Join The Army a long time ago... is that the one that Les out of Primus produced? Which reminds me to dig out the Blind Illusion album again :)
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#44079
@Si - You sir are indeed correct!

Had such a blast playing that stuff today, might have to dig out some other 'classics' tomorrow.
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#44088
I've been working my way through some Cineploit stuff today.

By DISCOSUCKS...
#44155
Between a record fair at the weekend and a post-payday trip to my local brick n mortar, I've quite the stack lined up for listening pleasure this evening --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15997587261/
Loved the documentary.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15379940253/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15812303010/
With thanks to @Static for playing this on this very thread and bringing to my attention!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15379942663/
I quite like this Mandel chap. Love his score for Harper. Think there's gonna be a bunch of dialogue on this.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15377314724/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15973794086/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15812190448/
A "pride" of Popols, out in the wild! At good prices too - nice clean copies. Hurrah, at last!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15999566615/
Also thanks to the board, Deep Cut Records earning it's keep by shining a light on this gem.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15812312010/
Nice original copy, to take the place of my pretty-good reissue. Love this score!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15973799286/
80s Gainsbourg - who the fuck knows whether this is up to scratch?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15812315010/
User avatar
By Hatter313
#44156
Hey disco, what pressing of Nosferatu is that? i love that soundtrack, but the pressing info and track listing thing always confuses the hell out of me. I know the title music and some other tracks are actually off of "Brüder des Schattens – Söhne des Lichts" , and thus not on this records, correct? (they are included on the digital re-release from a few years ago though) i've also never seen that cover for the vinyl edition, UK pressing i'm assuming?

Or is this the rebranded "Brüder des Schattens – Söhne des Lichts"? 4 tracks, 2 of which are in the film.

Oh why must they make it so confusing...(hint hint labels, feel free to try and reissue a combined version of this...:) i'd buy!)
By Vapourmeyer
#44159
Hi Disco,
if you like the Music & Sound Effects you may like the recent Bruton Music re-issues (on CD though sadly but the vinyl is really rare) which can be had from:

http://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddet ... =CDSML8513

Some of the music is on Youtube if you have a little search, and I really can't recommend all the Bruton stuff highly enough.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#44160
Hey man - it's the Italian release of the OST, which has exactly the same track listing as Bruder des Schattens...

http://www.discogs.com/Popol-Vuh-Nosfer ... se/1481987

Yep, this one sure is confusing! It does seem that most people agree, the 2004 release which combines (most of) the two separate Nosferatu LPs is the most complete edition....even if many of the tracks have nothing to do with the film! :P
By DISCOSUCKS...
#44161
Thanks @Vapour - I have actually been following your recent exploits with the Bruton CDs, they look absolutely stunning! Unfortunately I completely culled my CDs and went "full wax" a few years ago....no exceptions! ;) I do see the odd Bruton LP in the wild, but never know which ones are the real gold. My local charity shop has a few right now actually - I only recall that one of them is titled "Novelties" and another is by Laurie Johnson...who I really like, but from the track titles I assume are all kinda military themes. Not really my bag! ;)
User avatar
By Hatter313
#44162
Cool cool, thanks man, great find either way!
User avatar
By freshoj
#44168
Heart of Glass is one my faves, nice one disco!
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#44170


Just received this, but got hit by a 19$CAD of customs fees :(

There's a couple copies of this on discogs at the moment. There's one for 50$US, one for 58$US, both in the United States.
User avatar
By tim28212
#44219
@static, nice one! a great set.

Pink Floyd "Pulse" is also a most excellent set.

:)
User avatar
By static14
#44222
@Tim wish I had Pulse! I listened to a bunch of stuff this morning to try out the new phono preamp. So far it's a winner!
User avatar
By tim28212
#44230
@static, you may have said already, but what is your new phone preamp?
User avatar
By static14
#44234
parks audio budgie. it's my first tube preamp!
By DISCOSUCKS...
#44237
^ Goddamit, how I just want that one disc from the set! :/
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#44239


Leporine Pleasure Gardens
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#44240
@Disco, same here. I couldn't care less for the 'songs', but would love to have just the score as a standalone release. That's why I can't pull the trigger on it.
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#44242
[quote=44237]^ Goddamit, how I just want that one disc from the set! :/[/quote]


It's actually 2 discs, out of 6 total discs in the set ! ;) it's 75$CAD on amazon.ca, which is around 65$US I think. It might be worth checking if you can get it from there. I think it's more expensive from amazon.com right ?

It's worth it man, that score is great !![video]http://youtu.be/ArA3bkumvoI[/video]
  • 1
  • 142
  • 143
  • 144
  • 145
  • 146
  • 235