Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
#48395
Hey! That's what we're here for! :P
User avatar
By The Cult Leader
#48396
^^^ Nice, sounds really good. I'm going to check this out and try to find a copy. The cheapest one on Discogs is $50


Good post!
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#48402
Yes! Finally! Been looking forward to spinning this one for many moons!

User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#48405
Another treat arrived from Amoeba today along with Gone Girl! Props to Milan for this wonderful little LP!


User avatar
By deafmetal
#48420


This OST does my head in.
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#48450
Next up - if anyone likes music on here; get this! ;)
A holy grail for sure. Different from the digital files I had of the CD release, a much more peacefully hypnotic listen apart from the odd ahhhhhhHhh!!! Good old Jodorowosky!
By DISCOSUCKS...
#48452
^ I'm waiting (urrrm....patiently??!) for the Finders Keepers release of this @dagar!
God knows I've been tempted to just crumble and snag the US edition, but I'm tryin' to be a good boy this year and prefer the artwork on the FKR version.....just assuming they will have the same dang tracklist too!

Enjoy!
User avatar
By milliondollars
#48456
^ yes, i'm!lso waiting for the Keepers versions they will drop in march...
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#48464
I'll think I'm gonna have to get that one too! Bet you can't wait till March though!
vv ;) This is a good clean sounding copy. Thumbs up all the way! Yes FK art is better on this one!
By DISCOSUCKS...
#48467
^ March??

Okay....I just crumbled.

User avatar
By Hatter313
#48489
oh man static, i had that in my hands a month ago...not sure why i didn't pull the trigger on it.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#48530
The Oingo that is Boingo!





Such a great film...
By DISCOSUCKS...
#48551


Re-watched the flick this morning, and was as ever struck by the greatness of JC and Shirley Walker together. Movie has it's moments (once you get past fact that it's more of an Evil-Dead-2 style remake rather than sequel, and one with some very dated mid-90s CGI at that!) and I do enjoy it - the end shot of Snake blowing out the match followed by blackness and the line "welcome to the human race" is fantastic and a moment of pure-JC!
User avatar
By Hatter313
#48556
see, thats why i have such trouble with this film. that ending is fantastic, the scene with bruce campbell is fantastic, and some of the other bits are really great. i really enjoy Buscemi, but i can't stand the peter fonda stuff. the bad effects are where it starts getting on my nerves. i can enjoy, and sometimes LOVE, bad practical effects, but bad CGI, especially that helicopter, just puts a needle through my eye.

I will say that the score reworking and adaptation with Shirley Walker is really great.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#48558
I'm 100% certain you're not alone in those thoughts, @Hatter!

I was thinking today - wouldn't it be great to do a Reverse-Lucas on 90s movies like this? As in, remove all the crappy CG and rebuild the scenes using old-school techniques! It would probably only cost about as much to do as the other way round, let's be honest.

User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#48564
In the mood for something strange...

User avatar
By hncreature
#48583
Still no Rocktober Blood?
  • 1
  • 166
  • 167
  • 168
  • 169
  • 170
  • 235