Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By texasvinyl
#48590


Here's one for @million posting all those umiliani... What are some funky umiliani records like this one? I am a big fan of this To-Day's Sound LP.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#48605
If you see this, I recommend grabbing it:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/16159351608/
A collections of French 70s electronica with plenty of soundtracks/library from masters such as De Roubaix, Goraguer, Jarre, Cerrone, Bachelet, Jean Jaques Perry and lots more...

It's a beautifully done LP - double clear frosted heavy vinyl in an oversized card stock gatefold sleeve (think Dual Planet/the heavier DWRC stuff...) and comes with very extensive sleeve notes, a booklet and a CD!

Just to ice it, the gorgeous sci-fi comic sleeve art throughout is Philippe Druillet.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#48628
Easily two of my favourite LPs of the last couple years:




If you don't know the legend, and you're intrigued by those incredible sleeves, I'll let you dig into Lewis for yourself...
suffice to say, in some weird sideways fashion, I'd recommend this if the Rockey Palmer LP blew your mind.

For some strange reason, I always imagine @ironjaiden being a big fan.

User avatar
By milliondollars
#48630
@texaswax: thanks man! funny...i actualy played that record last sunday. there is none Umiliani record that can be compared 1:1 but i think these would be the closest ones:

The Braen's Machine ‎– Temi Ritmici E Dinamici
http://www.discogs.com/Braens-Machine-T ... se/1994805

Rovi ‎– Piano Fender Blues
http://www.discogs.com/Rovi-Piano-Fende ... se/2811265

Piero Umiliani ‎– Fischiando In Beat
http://www.discogs.com/Piero-Umiliani-F ... se/5384314

all styles from these three are featured on that 2days sound record...good luck hunting! :-)
User avatar
By thedeepness
#48650
We played both Lewis albums at my house yesterday. Great!
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#48653
I love the Lewis mystery and story. I'm always a sucker for a good private press outsider obscurity. :)
User avatar
By maxvelvet
#48688
Simply the best album of 2015 (no need to buy other things this year). End of the story! The pure essence of the 80's! My vote is 10/10! Absolutely GREAT also the commentary mp3 tracks by TROMAster Lloyd Kaufman, really funny! ;)

User avatar
By static14
#48715
A sad day for sure.

User avatar
By static14
#48746
I'll be joining you guys after doing some shoveling and playing in the snow. :)
  • 1
  • 167
  • 168
  • 169
  • 170
  • 171
  • 235