Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By tim28212
#23439
[quote=23437]really nice isn’t it @Tim?[/quote]

@static, it's great! so much better than my import. The bottom end rumbles, something my other copy didn't. did you notice that the last two cuts are reversed on side D? End credits is actually before T-Rex Rescue. Or is that just my copy.
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#23447
Pre-soundtrack spinning session, I'm warming up with the 'tones


User avatar
By tim28212
#23581
this is what I have been spinning today...

a few favs to celebrate DW's birthday



went to a record show and picked up a few, unfortunately soundtracks were scarce

found this maxi-single over 13 minutes of "The Chase"


Madonna True Blue on blue vinyl for $1, the vinyl is a bit of a bowl of rice crispies but it plays and I already have a black copy



and finally, a EP debut from a local artist, Must Be the Holy Ghost "Get Off"


hope everyone had a great spinning day
By DISCOSUCKS...
#23584
No spinning for me....

I broke my fu@*in stylus -- again!!

Back to vinyl pre-school for me, blasted idiot.

:-(
User avatar
By static14
#23585
:( @Disco my heart goes out to you.
User avatar
By static14
#23587
getting lots o spins.

User avatar
By static14
#23591
and no I didn't just listen to 10 minutes of JP :)

User avatar
By NathanLurker
#23596
following Tim's lead I went for a Death Waltz session:



I think this is one of the most beautiful release DW has done yet. Ms.45. looks super good.



after all that I felt like switching to this:
User avatar
By tim28212
#23631
I'm spinning this thinking "OMG why don't I spin this more" and I know why. Because as good as side 1 is, and I mean it's smoking good! side 2 is a bit of a letdown and that is what I end up remembering. But if you own this and the last track on side one, "Hot Water", doesn't get your blood pumping, I don't know what will. That is Goldsmith at some of his finest. Of course, YOMV :)

User avatar
By Oiche
#23632
Today has become DCD Sunday, since NathanLurker and Static14 put me in the mood with earlier posts.
User avatar
By tim28212
#23633
@oiche, very nice DCD collection! I only have one at the moment but hope to add more in the future
User avatar
By Oiche
#23635
Thanks Tim. I had everything on cassette first when I was 17. I was half death metal, half goth at the time, but of DCD I've remained a huge fan.
User avatar
By Oiche
#23636
Now that is nice Tim! I love that movie and have kept an eye out for this LP for a while but harder to find in UK/ EU as US
User avatar
By tim28212
#23637
small break from the scores; picked this up yesterday at the record show for $2, maybe it is good enough to replace one of my existing copies,

User avatar
By tim28212
#23639
another record show purchase
User avatar
By tim28212
#23647
like @static14, spending alot of time on the table
User avatar
By tim28212
#23653
this one is spending alot of time on the table also
User avatar
By tim28212
#23660
last one for the day, I think this is my favorite OWS release so far
By DISCOSUCKS...
#23662
I like it a lot. The black wax sounds pretty great huh?!
User avatar
By tim28212
#23664
@discosucks yes, it sounds really nice. Sorry to hear about the accident with your stylus. I have had my share of stylus mishaps. I hope you are spinning again soon.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#23667
The Dark (Disco) Knight will rise again!!! :P
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#23712
Just can't beat a little John Williams in the afternoon.

  • 1
  • 65
  • 66
  • 67
  • 68
  • 69
  • 235