Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
#27418
@TAG - The Congress? Or Cyclobe?

Either way, you won't regret homes.
By flapdoodle
#27419
I've been listening to new YES album on blue vinyl.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#27420
@disco - Cyclobe, just trying to off some stuff so I can nab a copy from the site ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
#27421
You'll probably see for yourself, but Phantomcode had a great 2lp deal on this and their LP "The Visitors", which is also awesome. I think the colour versions are exclusive to the web shop too, if I'm not mistaken. Well, you wouldn't regret any Cyclobe purchase, I promise you. Just plantin' seeds bro ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
#27422
@flap - have to say man...there's hardly a collection of words to scare me more than "new YES album"...with possible exception of "new Paul McCartney album, tied in to a self-written/directed/starring feature film" !

;)

But tell me it's amazing, and I'll probably almost believe you! :P
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#27423
@disco - just seen that deal, this is totally up my alley so to speak. Think they've made a sale ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
#27424
Go get em, dawg.

Btw, will email you some exciting 16mm screening info soon.....

:D
By philball1974
#27426
@Disco, I love Berberian SS, definitely not one to put you in a uplifting mood! As for my Congress, at the moment its pressed between some very heavy objects trying to flatten it out a bit. I can't listen to the first to tracks on either side as the record hits the cartridge!! My copy of Hardware was the same, an issue with white vinyl??

Time to feel all moody too with some Deaf Center

By DISCOSUCKS...
#27428
I knew it!

I was right - at some point after it went up on the web, Doxy changed the sleeve art/tracklisting on it, dropping "When Angels Fall". Bummer!

This is the image Amazon.co.uk are still using for it - notice the difference with my copy below:



https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14842714266/

Goddammit!

My guess is that they planned to release the same version that has been out on CD with both short film scores supporting the title score, but realised that it wouldn't all fit on an LP comfortably!?

Anyone out there have any info on this? I know that Doxy have come under question/scrutiny here as a possible semi-legit label (at best!), I'm very curious to know more about why the release got altered at some point.

I say it again - When Angels Fall is gorgeous, and a real highlight of the previous CD issue :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjOvrtNJxOg
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#27435
@disco - Done! Only went for the ep for now but boy that is just outstanding.
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#27437
Dark and moody luxury problems



Love this record.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#27438
Have hardly stopped playing it.

While I'm pimping their wares.....if you don't have a copy of Ossian's Haunted Air book, it's one of the greatest things I own. Started my whole interest in their music too, funnily enough. One day I'll send you a copy of my re-edit of Mark Borchardt's "Coven" soundtracked with Cyclobe's "The Woods Are Alive with The Smell of His Coming" ;) (You know Borchardt right? The guy from that classic American Movie doc??)

HAUNTED AIR - THE GREATEST PHOTO BOOK EVER COMPILED?
http://boingboing.net/2011/10/24/haunte ... tos-1.html
User avatar
By maxvelvet
#27443


classic sunday afternoon listenings! :)
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#27444
@disco - that looks amazing! I'll even be able to sell the Mrs on that ;)

Send over that edit when you can hoss
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#27445
great DIY video to Luxury problems I found on youtube.



[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI4yv3Flvic[/video]

after a bit of research found the footage was from the brilliant 'toby dammit' by fellini with an equally brilliant score by 'nino rota'.
User avatar
By tim28212
#27446
Shark Week 2014
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#27453
Probably my favourite from sub 3

By DISCOSUCKS...
#27458
This record continues to absolutely astonish me:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14338948279/

It's like discovering a long lost early 80's Tangerine Dream lp in parts, whilst in others it's almost Aphex Twin. Deserve to be a late, honourable entry in my Best Soundtracks of 2013, huge props to Dark Entries for unleashing it.
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#27464
This is awsome! Ugh! another to add to the want list :)
  • 1
  • 83
  • 84
  • 85
  • 86
  • 87
  • 235