Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By stumpybunker
#29889
You bugger Disco! I had to order this! ;-)
By stumpybunker
#29893
It is"! Though my bank manager would prefer if I didn't visit this site so often! Got a good deal though!
User avatar
By tim28212
#29938
a couple of todays spins...


love this John Barry score



I have had this one laying around for a while and finally got around to spinning it. I forgot how good it is.
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#29950
Weird coincidental day today, lots of rabbit and carrot references. My little girl gave me a plastic carrot first thing later watched Alice in Wonderland @disco is spinning it, someone on here selling a poster on ebay. I noticed she has a rabbit toothbrush. I am hung over today :) the wife so much never made it out of bed at all!
Anyway I have finally stopped and listening to Broadcast - mellow and OMG intense. May try and watch it tonight as I still haven't gotten around to it.
Have a pleasant evening all.
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#29953
Digging into some older stuff - going for the organ tonight!
User avatar
By tim28212
#29973
starting the tedious job of de-dupping, first up Masada, Jerry Goldsmith. Even with as good as it is I don't need 2 copies.

User avatar
By tim28212
#29998
I do not spin this nearly enough!

User avatar
By tim28212
#30016
de-dup...

2 of these & 1 Mondo version so one of these goes

By EdKings
#30029
I don't know where else to put this, so I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to do so.. But I have the chance of buying someones soundtrack collection (part of it) ... What should I buy and which should I pass.. If i buy them then I will post them in this section ofcourse :p
Here are the records:

* Poltergeist I & II
* Raiders of the lost Ark
* Shining
* Nightmare on Elm Street I & II
* Jaws 2
- Gremlins
- Star Trek
- the burning
- Carrie
- Wild Gees
- thomas Crown Affair
- Outland
- Papillon (Japanse pressing)
- Capricorn One
- Phantasm

Any tips? Advice? He's asking €100 for the first 7 together, €50 for Phantasm and €5 to €12 for the rest. Help? :) Thnx !
By DISCOSUCKS...
#30031
@EdKings

I can honestly say that there's not a bad one in the bunch there - all gold, great cornerstone soundtracks with a bit of everything including some heavy hitters! Not all rarities, but all great scores.

I wonder if he'd move on the stated pricings if you took the lot? (I'd offer him $200 for the lot personally....worth a shot!)

If I were passing on any, it would be the more common stuff: Star Trek, Capricorn, Wild Geese, not sure about the Japanese Papillon...These can be picked up for a few dollars and are plentiful (check discogs).

Hope that helps!
By philball1974
#30033
Buy them all and sell phantasm to me!!
User avatar
By tim28212
#30035
@philball, he can't just sell it to you, he has to flip it :)
By EdKings
#30047
@phillball and @tim28212 For...

By EdKings
#30048
Thnx @discosucks! I was planning to make him an offer like that.. Maybe he can't refuse..
By DISCOSUCKS...
#30053
Amazing compilations, @Spun -- if you like your library music intense, weird and Italian, try and get these :)

There's a great blog review here (unfortunately the stream on YT of Vol 1 that it links seems dead...)
By EdKings
#30062
So.. Todays hunting results..



I passed on Phantasm ( OMG ) because the sleeve was a bit to damaged for my taste and I really don't know if it's my thing.. Maybe I have to listen to it first.. But.. Maybe I'm gonna regret it tomorrow and buy it anyway :p
By philball1974
#30063
Shame you passed, its a great album. maybe £50 is a bit high if its not tip top though.

Nice selection anyway!
By philball1974
#30068
Great delivery from our friends at OWS!



By EdKings
#30073
But to get back ON TOPIC..

Now playing..

  • 1
  • 89
  • 90
  • 91
  • 92
  • 93
  • 235