Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By Oiche
#33107
Hee hee. I remember buying no 4 on cassette...
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#33222

This just came in!
The music is tip top, so is the finish of the disk and sleeve, even a nice one page detail info/notes. You can even take the record out and put it back in sideways with insert for easier action. I like that! Maybe a few too many sample's with 'the screaming' or dying in this case, but overall a good listen. Thankfully 'we do things my way' is at the end and is an acquired taste ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
#33327
Street Trash is super duper tip top!

Here's some gets in the last few days, without really trying tbh:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15402215501/
I loved this movie back in the day! Wonder Mutt......that hot surfer girl who ended up in a sitcom with Jim Belushi....great 80s soundtrack including (another) hot girl EG Daily singing "Mind Over Matter....those too guys who are obsessed with TCM and splatter fx (who torture a French exchange student with the latter....). LOVE it. And feels kindof appropriate since we're getting a weird late Indian Summer here in the UK!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15218734680/
A Michael Small score for a comedy drama - so it's probably not going to be like any of the amazing 70s/80s thriller scores of his that I adore, but hey - a Michael Small score is a Michael Small score, and there aint that many out there on wax.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15402217941/
Bit of an odd one this. Like many of you probably, over the decades I've seen this turn up xillions of times in charity stores, bargain bins, etc etc...and always sniffily passed on it because what I REALLY want is the intense, awesome John Barry score to this great film on vinyl. But for whatever reason, I finally decided to buy the damn thing anyway, for the price of half a cup of coffee, and give Joe Jackson a damned day in court. It's bloody good! Turns out Joe Jackson is actually bloody good!
(Now that's out of the way....can somebody PLEASE put out JBs score on wax???)
Oh...and did I say - this is an awesome, awesome 80s thriller - dark, depressing, clever, moody, and with a young actor who SHOULD have gone on to play Morrison in The Doors (no offence Val, I love you :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15402218531/
Yep. Innit though? Fuggin aces. My only sad face is that for whatever reason, I really liked the sound of the DW web store version being clear with red smoke effect.....and it's actually a clear orange colour. But y'know.....as that rasta alien guy sez in Buckaroo Banzai: "So what - big deal!"
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15405400785/
This is absolutely my favourite platter currently! Wowzaz trousers, as ever top top marks FKR. Thinking seriously about it, they really have to be my hands down favourite label for OSTs....love that they continually put out unreleased/archivey stuff, and where do they keep finding this shit?? I reckon they make a concerted effort, just to irritate my local somewhat grumpy brick-n-mortar head honcho, who is fond of saying "well, how much more stuff is there for them to release out there? They must be scraping the barrel now..."
Baloney!

Good spinning, peeps :)
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#33409
Can always depend on FK.
This one is a blinder,classic Italian score, cheesy rock - maiden (but good in this case) even has a bit of opera - surprise that!
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#33416
Great instrumental album for those with hip hop leanings. This is what it would sound like if Morricone delved into hip hop.

User avatar
By static14
#33422
listening while my daughter and I build legos :)

By DISCOSUCKS...
#33424
Thank you brother! Will have a think ;)

My Phenomena clear vinyl AMS reissue turned up today from the DWRC store....it's a beauty!
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#33430
Can't see this one leaving the platter for a long, long time.




User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#33433
It's been in constant rotation for me since MondoCon. Easily the best of the batch to me.
By philball1974
#33436
New Purchase. Only bought it for the Massive Attack / Mos Def track but its actually a good soundtrack.

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#33493
Until I can afford a vinyl copy...

By Occhionero
#33575
Right now I´m listening to "Game of Thrones Vol. 4" and it sounds amazing, really! Unfortunately does the vinyl not look like the grey steel from the throne - mor like a clear vinyl copy....
By EdKings
#33627


First play for today! (Sorry for the tease @tonyandrew.. But your post made me put it up right away!)
Excited for sunday as I will be going to an event (in NL) were they sell soundtracks. My wallet is already crying.. Hope to find some good stuf
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#33628
@ed - not at all buddy, I love this score.

One day it'll be mine :)
User avatar
By lazyben
#33718
Ha ha..if I was at home I would post my copy now
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#33737
Bastards the lot of ya!

;)
User avatar
By static14
#33743
:) all in good fun.
  • 1
  • 101
  • 102
  • 103
  • 104
  • 105
  • 235