Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
#35284
Loving the new Jon Brooks. Really super good.



£14.99 last week from Clay pipe. Obviously sold out on the same day, but don't worry just pop along to discogs to get your bargains!!




User avatar
By Spun out of control
#35289
^^ Ordered this last week from Claypipe after hearing all the love on this forum and the only sample I could find which sounded Air-like and dreamy....

Waiting for the postman currently - who must be getting fed up of all the unwieldy vinyl deliveries - to give this a spin. Hope it lives up to the hype!!
By DrRhythm
#35290
It does - lovely record!
By philball1974
#35291
It does if you like the style. It's as good as shapwick.
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#35614

Nice!!! Just started watching the series as well - I'm hooked.




worth it for the title track alone
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#35698
Come fly with me



Lovely horror score in the 'classic' style. I think I prefer this one to Howard Shore's from the first fly.
User avatar
By tim28212
#35717
@philball, if you are still interested in Book of Eli-Atticus Ross, email me, tim28212 at gmail.com.
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#35740
Uh-oh... Decker!



I've always been a devoted sucker for Elfman's music. Somehow it really speaks to my inner little boy.
Now, if only I could get my hands on my grail - Edward Scissorhands LP. Perhaps that was an idea for a future release on Death Waltz!?
No, I know, not "horror" enough.
- But it has Vincent Price starring!!!
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#35755
Scissorhands would be a perfect Mondo release... I saw someone grabbed one recently on ebay that was listed in the wrong category. It sold for $37. Was insanely jealous of that grab!!
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#35760
OK, Mondo it is -with awesome new artwork!
The original artwork wasn't really that impressive anyway.

Please, please, please Mondo. Pleaaaaaaase!

(I don't even know if they're active members on this forum, lol)

- $37??? *dies*
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#35769
Woe, The Darkman...Woe



Loves me some Elfman.
User avatar
By The Cult Leader
#35775
Only Lovers Left Alive


Very hypnotic and drone like, one of my favorites of 2014. It is scored for a rock band (no singing) and sometimes some gorgeous lute playing by Jozef Van Wissem to great effect. The music has a sorrowful, longing atmosphere that feels old in a good way. The highlight for me, however is the one vocal track, Hal performed by Yasmine Hamden. I could listen to this song over and over, and eagerly await listening to her debut album Ya Nass.

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=IBDJQF3EXpU[/video][video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=LHy_AsV7UQ8[/video][video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nU9zB6MRi5s[/video]
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#35779
I always have a difficult time letting this one leave my turntable...

User avatar
By zuko
#35815
Working from home today, yay! In honour of @discosucks massive Barry splurge on the 'Soundtrack Collections' thread:

By philball1974
#35828
@Cultleader OLLA is a great soundtrack. Very hypnotic.

City of the Living dead is the perfect DW release in my opinion, from the quality of the press to the artwork, liner notes and just general feel of you buying into a package that transcends just the score, which is one of the best horror scores next to Let the right one in.


By philball1974
#35851
So.....erm......it arrived at last!
Not sure what my head makes of it! maybe ill turn it up and get the headphones on! yeah thats what ill do!!!

User avatar
By texasvinyl
#35867


The Loves of Isadora, featuring a few tracks by Maurice Jarre as well as classics by Beethoven, Brahms, and Tchaikovsky, Borodin and Bach.
User avatar
By Oiche
#35870
Ordered. Only held off on this due to the price. Nice one disco!
User avatar
By static14
#35958
Dreamscape always creeped me out as a kid
By philball1974
#35960
Chelsea Wolfe - Pain is Beauty

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#35961
What do you think @phil?

I'm seriously in love with it, for only 2 tracks it really packs a punch.
  • 1
  • 108
  • 109
  • 110
  • 111
  • 112
  • 235