Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ClaytonRyan
#45590
@discosucks It is a vinyl set put out by Constellation Records a few years ago. They also put out a CD version of it. Each LP comes with it's own graphic sleeve and track list. It's a really nice set and it sounds amazing. He got me a copy of the Edward Scissorhands soundtrack on vinyl last year, so I'd say he's definitely a keeper.
By chuck
#45594
@disco Mate you are not fucking wrong.
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#45618
Material w/ William S. Burroughs ‎– The Road to the Western Lands (1998)



Still hating that annoying female singing 'Da da seven souls'. Completely ruins my joy. Rest is absolute killer.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eain4M7pDfI[/video]
By Frizzle-Frizzi
#45659
This one Sounds so good better i was wishing For
User avatar
By tim28212
#45662
it's been a while since I've spun this one

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#45682
Received an Amazon gift card for Christmas so figured I'd give this a go.



As a fan of the show I have to admit to not being overly aware of the music but after an initial spin can say I am throughly enjoying Volume 1 and shall be picking up the remaining 3 albums.
User avatar
By Oiche
#45684
Great score Tag. Am only half way through the 8 wax collection!
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#45713
@oiche - Couldn't agree more old chap, it's got so many elements to it.

Has made me want to go back & re watch the show :)
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#45719
@static - just picked this up myself.

Absolutely wonderful.
User avatar
By tim28212
#45720
agree with @tag, great score, I think I picked mine up for $2 years ago at a record show. may have to give it spin
User avatar
By static14
#45721
Delerue doesn't get enough love :)
User avatar
By tim28212
#45730
@evan, how is Final Exam? I have eyed it a few times but nevere pulled the trigger.
User avatar
By tim28212
#45731
most likely my last spin for 2014

of everything I bought this year, this has gotten the most play

the owner of one of the local record shops played it during one of my visits and I fell in love

Washed Out "Paracosm"

Happy New Year everyone!



By EvanCampbell
#45732
tim28212 - if you can find it reasonably cheap grab it. There is no strong theme to the score I feel but definitely some nice atmospheric tracks and some dated as hell songs that are fun. In no way a must have...
By EvanCampbell
#45733
static14 - don't know if you own Georges Delerue Our Mothers House soundtrack but it really is a beautiful piece of work. At first it might seem a bit too sentimental but it has a darker side that is so subtle.


[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVjof7_KoH0[/video]
  • 1
  • 150
  • 151
  • 152
  • 153
  • 154
  • 235