Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By hncreature
#48055
The wife got a job! YEH! ...more spinning!





By DISCOSUCKS...
#48060
Prince of the City surprised me...nice score! :)
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#48074

It's a Krauty kinda morning, and we have snow in sunny Brighton
User avatar
By static14
#48082
no it's plain old black.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#48096
What a glorious OST pileup on the doorstep this morning!


It's been a Patton kinda fortnight, what with the monster Fantomas box set!

Superb in every way!

I have @Tim and @Static to thank for continually reminding me I need this.

Inexplicably lost my copy of this, great to have it back. Awesome main theme!

Oooh I've been stalking a copy of this, Captain Ahab-style, for a long while....finally. Good price too. I really think that, for a Jaws knock-off, the film is really pretty good and I always enjoy rewatching it, and Morricone's theme is absolutely one of his very best.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#48103


The last 20:

The Relatives - Psychedelic gospel funk band from Dallas, TX. This 2009 album consists of recordings from the early 1970s. The jacket is a gorgeous purple & lavender silk screen.

Bobby Bland - Two Steps from the Blues - 1961 debut soul/R&B album from Bobby Bland. This is unfortunately just a reissue rather than the original on Duke Records (which also has a full color sleeve rather than black & white).

Reverend Horton Heat - Live At The Fillmore / 25 to Life - My shop sold me a like-new copy of this for $12, so I had to give it a shot. It came with a DVD and a 52-page color book. The album is pretty good live psychobilly/rockabilly stuff.

Howlin' Wolf - Moanin' In the Moonlight - Hands down my favorite blues album. Maybe, one day, I will find an original pressing floating out there in the ether. For now this 1986 Chess Masters reissue will have to do. This music was heavily featured in Wolf of Wall Street.

Terry Callier - What Color Is Love - This is a classic soul album that has been featured in a couple of LateNightTales compilations. Another I'd love to find an original pressing of. This is a 2000 reissue.

Thelonious Monk - 5 by 5 - Standard Monk w/ the quintet. Originally from '59 on Riverside, this is a reissue.

Baby Rocker - this is a concept album by L.A. disco producers Rinder & Lewis. The sound is somewhere in the vicinity of krautrock/prog rock. Worth checking out if you come across a copy.

Slasher Film Festival - Wet Leather - Thanks to Spencer & the board for this recommendation.

Eddie Russ - Take A Look At Yourself - Funk/Jazz from 1978 on Monument Records. This album has a distinctly disco flavor for funk/jazz, and a couple of the tracks have vocals.

Shaft In Africa - Johnny Pate - Pate put out a superb score for this Shaft flick, which is why I tolerate hanging onto this beat-up copy.

Klint - Diamond (Snatch soundtrack) - putting this breakbeat track from Snatch on the table usually gets me to pull out some more 12" singles and start mixing records.

John Lee Hooker - I'm John Lee Hooker - Classic blues LP from one of the masters. 1959 Vee Jay Records

DangerDoom - The Mouse And The Mask (AquaTeenHungerForce) - 2005 hip hop album. MF Doom + DangerMouse.

Natural Born Killers OST - Music on Vinyl did a good job with this one. I don't like the PVC sleeve... doesn't PVC cause vinyl to get hazy over time?

Sam & Dave - Double Dynamite - classic '66 soul on Stax. Love the cover.

Elmore James - Original Folk Blues - 1967 compilation on Kent records. Great tracks on this comp.

Danger Mouse + Daniele Luppi - Rome - One of my favorite albums and heavily rooted in Italian western scores. This 2LP copy in a nice tip-on jacket was sold off the Third Man Records pop-up truck at SXSW Austin TX.

Den Sorte Skole - Lektion III - Sample-based music that flows with the musical sounds of the world. I don't have anything else quite like it. Highly recommended.

The Roots - The Tipping Point - my favorite Roots album. This 2004 LP has them at the top of their game.

Godzilla VS King Kong - I ordered this on 1/15, and it arrived on 1/19 from Japan. Pretty crazy! It's a good release, and the soundtrack is excellent, but it could have been a 2LP. They squeezed a ton of music onto one disc.


User avatar
By tim28212
#48106
@disco nice catch with Orca, I kinda like the film also and agree, Morricone's theme is superb.

I hope you enjoy Haunted Summer as much as @static and I do. I original got it because it was Christopher Young and the cover art caught my eye. I was in love with it from the opening track. It's a beautiful score.
User avatar
By 10T5
#48108
I really love both the movie and the soundtrack. I feel sad everytime I watch it and the little robot dies...
By DISCOSUCKS...
#48148
Nice one @Tim. The score is quite lovely.

I actually got to know about this movie through searching for more films directed by Czech emigree Ivan Passer, was back in the day. This was after I discovered Cutter's Way, and that had quickly become my favourite film and soundtrack (possibly of all time...)

Haunted Summer didn't quite live up to Cutter's Way, but it is certainly worth checking out as it is basically the same story as Gothic....but told in a very non-Ken Russell way! ;)
By Ptflea2
#48164
Discosucks, I've been praising "Cutter's Way" for years. Very underrated film and one of my all time favorites. However, every time I watch it I feel like going on a bender!
By EdKings
#48202
I am Sam Bell


Everyone just pretend to be normal
By EdKings
#48211
Guys! Next to listening to wonderfull soundtracks, I also like to read movie related stuff.. Maybe some of you should definitely look into these:



This book contains literally ALL scifi related movies, tv shows, games, books or whatever.. It's packed! Such a fun read or just use it as an encyclopaedia! For instance.. Everything there is to find about John Carpenter's The Thing (just picked a page for example)
By EdKings
#48222
@Static, thanks for reminding me to hunt this record down! Big fan of Del Toro! As I posted below, I like to read books about movie related stuff, and if you also like Del Toro, definitely look into this one



He has an enormous collection of rarities, geek stuff and just SUPER awesome horror/movie related things.. Just look at his entrance!



Also, a lot of notebooks and sketches from his movies, which are equally fantastic!

Sorry for the long post!! (Got to excited!)
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#48226
@ed - That looks pretty sweet, I'll keep an eye out for that.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#48241
Holy nuclear meltdown!

Listening to this for the first time after thinking it was probably going to be a bit "meh". Nope!



This record is freakin' fantastic!

Now I have to see the flick.
User avatar
By The Cult Leader
#48244
ive been looking for a decent priced Pans Labyrinth for a while now.
User avatar
By hncreature
#48273
Nice cop city sax!
User avatar
By hncreature
#48277
Going Italian tonight...



User avatar
By hncreature
#48284
...and a second helping



User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#48308
Nuh! Not another one to get, always liked the sound of this one from the samples.
  • 1
  • 164
  • 165
  • 166
  • 167
  • 168
  • 235