Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By static14
#56107
Battle Beyond The Wrath of The search of Wolfen Krull.

User avatar
By tim28212
#56109
@static, what are you trying to say? :)
User avatar
By tim28212
#56115
@static, true. That said, I need to add Krull to my collection. I would love to see Searching For Bobby Fischer released on wax. We need a new label to come along and release stuff like that.
User avatar
By static14
#56116
@Tim while Horner did tend to repeat himself a lot during that time span I still love all of those scores. Krull has been on my want list forever, but I'm holding out for a cheap copy :)

I agree about Bobby Fischer, and I would like to see Wolfen make its way to vinyl as well.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#56120
I have had eyes open for a Distruzione after your recommendation reply to my Mondo Inquieto post. How is the sound of the Musica Classica, I haven't heard that one.
User avatar
By Bezulsqy
#56143
This just arrived. Thanks to Discosucks who created a post making me buy this record without having heard one second of it. And loving it!

User avatar
By texasvinyl
#56155


M|O|O|N EP 1, tracks used in the indie video game Hotline: Miami.
User avatar
By milliondollars
#56157
@texasrecords: Distruzione is worth tracking down...
Musica Classica can be compared to Catamo - Aria Di Paese but Clasica is done in a more modern way. hard to explain, really. also worth having that one for sure...
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#56195


Speaking of Umiliani, the Moggi reissue arrived today. Weird and good! The cover is a bit lackluster... Almost like a blurry photo of the original, minus the text. The color is lifeless. I suspect the original covers really "pop" compared to this one.
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#56199


who was it that placed a good word about Slam Dance here on STBC ? Discosucks ? found it at the local store in the used section for 3,50$US and I remembered seeing it here so I grabbed it.
User avatar
By milliondollars
#56216
@texas: i was actually trying to warn people and already posted a review on this release two weeks ago:

http://www.discogs.com/Moggi-Tra-Scienz ... se/6595211

i put high hopes in it and got myself this repress to save my original from being played too much. it is really apprechiated that people care about these obscure records but these guys from Switzerland did a terrible job and not onyl on the cover. couldn't listen to this longer than 5 minutes. compared to the Omicron pressing this sounds so awful that it makes me think this was mastered from a mp3 rip. also can't imagine this was licensed properly. doesn't look like a official release to me...

hopefully somebody will do a better job soon.
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#56226


so good, essential italian.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#56236
That's disappointing. It didn't sound awful to me, but then again I haven't heard the original either!

It's amazing how you can think a pressing is passable only to be blown away by the original. That happens to me all the time with deep groove jazz records from the late 50s and 60s which sonically blow everything made since out of the water.
User avatar
By deafmetal
#56264
@dollarhyde - I am in love with this album. I also thought the expanded Finders Keepers LP was a great listen as well.
By jdubtxn
#56270
Wish those M|O|O|N didn't sell out so quickly. Missed my chance both times to snag em.
User avatar
By Spun out of control
#56273
The visual treatment ('sand vinyl with black speckles') given to this Dagored press of The Big Gundown is quite something...



Reminds me a little of fat Pat from EastEnders' old leopard print coat

Not as memorable a listen as the Leone scores so far, but track La Resi dei Conti has suitable propulsive oomph
  • 1
  • 194
  • 195
  • 196
  • 197
  • 198
  • 235