Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
#25809
The COTLD score is just stunning. Quick story, explaining why when I listen to this is gives me EXTRA chills....

First time I watched the movie: alone, about 14 years old, night. Family all out for the evening. VHS (clamshell) in the player. The film is getting going, it's atmosphere is working like hell on me, I'll admit - I'm spooked.

Bit of background - at that time, there had been a spate of incidents in our neighbourhood - burglaries/attempted break-ins, and my parents had already clocked that somebody was going through our back garden at night. My dad had even started laying traps+wires across the garden, despite being told by a friend that he would be in serious trouble if he injured a potential burglar etc. All of this was going on in the weeks leading up to my COTLD viewing.

So: back to the film. Like I say, we're well into things at this point, it's about 2/3am, and my hair has been suitably raised by Mr Fulci & co. Then suddenly... I start to hear clattering and banging from the back of the house. I'm completely scared shitless. Petrified. I leave the film running. I creep through into the darkened kitchen, and can hear scuffling noises and hushed voices outside, mixed with the sounds of the film coming through the house, and I can see in the gloom that somebody is trying to open the door from outside.

Luckily, we were being pretty careful about locking that door.

I honestly can't remember how all this ended, I must have shouted out or something. But basically - it was a VERY memorable first viewing of the film. I must have finished watching it another time.

So when I hear the music now, there's all sorts of extra primal fear responses that involuntarily kick in. Which makes it quite a listen!! Which is, now that there's plenty of time n space between me and that night, quite....cool.

Hope someone found that interesting. Had to share.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#25818
@disco - That's a killer story brother, sadly my first viewing of City came later in life & needless to say the young lady I'd convinced to watch it with me didn't enjoy Lucio's opus as much as I did.

Soundtrack is a beast if hellish proportions!
By philball1974
#25832
CotLD gives me chills. I still remember the time creeping round someone's house at 3am in the morning whilst some kid was watching the film scared shitless. Unfortunately he shouted out and scared me off!!

Soundtrack brings back good memories!
By DISCOSUCKS...
#25849
Ahh, but do they ever, TG?

(My gf won't sit still through the mildest horror-type flick....she's literally the biggest wuss I've ever met on that front. She just says no. Bless her ;)
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#25857
We had an incident recently where the Mrs broke down during Cannibal Ferox.

We mainly stick to the Universal Horror/Hammer if we're watching something together.

Me I'll watch pretty much anything.
User avatar
By tim28212
#25903
static, how is Not Without My Daughter? Worth putting on the list?
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#25912
Cheating a little this morning but couldn't resist when this little gem popped through the door.




Plus....


Just in case ;)
User avatar
By static14
#25915
worth it on the cheap. I wouldn't pay a lot for it though.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#25925
@hncreature - The extra stuff is pretty cool, trailer audio & the song the girls sing in the pit.
User avatar
By tim28212
#25935
since this has not been posted yet, I will do it

hard to believe it was his one and only Oscar

User avatar
By tim28212
#25971
nice ones tonight static!
  • 1
  • 76
  • 77
  • 78
  • 79
  • 80
  • 235