Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
#30075
You didn't mention Dracula into the bargain! Amazing haul....the Kilar is pretty damn rare bro!
User avatar
By tim28212
#30078
@edking, second @discosucks comment, amazing haul! Dracula and The Shining are standouts but all are worth owning, and I do. Hope you don't regret passing on Phantasm. Even if the jacket was damaged, if the vinyl was good condition it's definitely worth having.
By EdKings
#30080
Already send an email.. Going to get the Phantasm ;)
Next up..

User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#30103
@edkings lucky days fella - Phantasm is a must, love nightmare and would love to have Dracula, I passed on it once for £40 wish I'd gotten it.
So @phil(lipper)ball1974 now you and @disco have come to a gentleman's agreement on flipping, you o.k. with me flipping you that Friday 13th you shotgunned ?!! ;)

By philball1974
#30105
Phil(lipper) haha thats funny! I'll live by my words.....referring to a the buyer of a flip a Moron, and the seller of the Flip a soulless money maker!

Now I know I'm no moron, and assuming you are not the latter then the deal is going down!
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#30128
Yeah no worries phil sorry couldn't resist that flip thing though. Some of your comments do crack me up on here.
I actually used to buy a couple of copies and put them on eBay at a decent price and auction them before this crazy craze became a flippers game. Not into doing it now as basically I don't like it. I think trading on here is great, but hell yeah the records we buy are worth cash and people will pay. I never think I get enough cash when I sell my records but it's probably more the fact I value them more than just money, and once bought find it hard to part with them,that being said I am skint mind! :)
By EdKings
#30142
Never heard of this one.. Saw it here being played a couple of times.. Had my chance today and grabbed it, LOVE IT!

User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#30144
Used to have the burning but let it go, couldn't really get into it, think I'd probably like it more now though, and I never liked the cover either but did think the French art cover is great. Glad you like it @Edkings.
This one however...
By EdKings
#30145
@Dagar, I've got the picturedisc of Rob's Maniac.. Such a great soundtrack! And the movie (remake), stellar performance by Frodo Baggins!
As for the Burning, I like the cheezy'nes and typical synths :p Never knew this was a slasher-movie! Side1 is more fun then the BennyHill'esq songs on side2..

Up next:


After that.. Goodnight ;)
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#30156
Haven't even used my lady finger yet!
This is in the running for my album of the year. Beautiful porn love :)
User avatar
By Spun out of control
#30160
Winding down after work with a blast of Il Gatto a Nove Code - part of a recent big order from BTF.it (who appear to be AMS/Cinevox official distributors?)

Really great final track 'Ninna Nanna in Blu' on side B which mixes piano and (what sounds like) early electronica...

User avatar
By thedeepness
#30166
@ spun out of control - That last track is so awesome. I got my copy this weekend and played side 2 twice in a row, mostly because of that last track. My copy is really noisey (lots of crackles and pops). I got this an Phenomena this weekend from AMS. Phenomena is nice and quiet but this one is pretty noisey. The music is awesome and I have not had a chance to clean it yet, hopefully that helps.
User avatar
By The Cult Leader
#30169
Spinning some of Tarantino's soundtracks. Death Proof is the last one I need , been trying to grab it for a reasonable price for a while now.
By philball1974
#30174
Dusk til dawn is a classic. "Richie would you do me a favour .......!
User avatar
By Spun out of control
#30180
@thedeepness

Is Phenomena worth getting? Placed my order the day before they put it on their site, slightly annoyingly, so will wait until I can choose a couple more to save on the combined postage - looked like a nice looking package at least, in fact all these AMS/Cinevox releases look gorgeous... Italians do it better??
User avatar
By thedeepness
#30182
@ Spun
I think Phenomena is worth it. I only got to play it once so far but I really enjoyed it. I listened with headphones and the sound is really clean. Side 2 is basically alternate versions of the same tracks as side 1. The package is really nice (like you mention all these AMS release have top notch packages), fold out insert and well written liner notes. I really like the creamy clear vinyl color as well.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#30194
Nice! I hoped for a pink but I guess Jay wasn't able to honor all the variant requests. I'll take what I can get, a groovy release. I like some parts better than others and am surprised at how varied the tunes are. More than I would have expected from a porno flick for sure.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#30195
I am always surprised by the price for Death Proof. Probably my least favorite of the lot. I might like Kill Bill 2 the best.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#30197
I love this movie! Got to see it in 35mm at the Alamo Drafthouse a couple months ago for a special one-off screening. I'd really love to see the original cut one day which is rumored to be a lot darker and probably way too scary for kids.
User avatar
By static14
#30198
@EdKings congrats on picking up what looks to be a great collection! Also the Dark Crystal score is terrific.
By EdKings
#30224
@Static, thnx man! Learning from the best ;) The Dark Crystal soundtrack is indeed magical! The movie is one of my favorite (puppet)movies. Did anyone catch Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge on tv? It's like those cooking game shows or So you think you can dance, but then with puppeteers and they have to create their own creatures from scratch. Episode 2 was with Skeksis! So good! Look it up :)
  • 1
  • 90
  • 91
  • 92
  • 93
  • 94
  • 235