Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By TheHolocene
#36602
I agree disco. I've been listening to The Boogey Man a lot! I'm really impressed by the sound quality actually... Especially the fullness and richness of that bass! Looking forward to more releases.
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#36627


starting off the spinning session with this one. some creepy strings. I need to get some more Christopher Young. I need The Fly 2 and Hellraiser, and it's be nice to have Sinister on wax.
User avatar
By tim28212
#36630
@nathan, Christopher Young is wonderful. The Fly 2 is great and you can often catch it at a reasonable price. Also consider Hellbound Hellraiser 2, which can be found alot cheaper than Hellraiser. Also a favorite of mine that comes highly recommended is Haunted Summer. Can you tell I'm a fan. :)
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#36633
I got all those in my sight for the futuren Tim, I'm thinking I may not have any fund for shopping used records before next year though, what with the upcoming releases of the Hannibal releases, Oldboy, The Knick, and the upcoming black metal era Ulver boxset... can't catch a break !

Funny you'd mention Haunted Summer, I thought you were talking about the new release from "The Devil & The Universe" that I've received this week.



Anyway I'll check Chris Young's Haunted Summer for sure, never heard it

User avatar
By NathanLurker
#36635


it's been so long since I've digged in earlier Death Waltz releases. It's time I spinned some of this.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#36636
@nathan - would love a vinyl release of Sinister, the only good thing about that movie was the opening minutes and the killer score.
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#36637
I thought it was a pretty good movie, I was surprised to see that it was this good actually, I wasn't expecting much, but it was well directed, the short murder films were all super creepy, the ending was nice, some weaker parts throughout the films but a satisfying film I think.

we can at least agree on the score. it's killer ! also, in the movie there is a track from Ulver, which I love and it's super creepy the way it's used in the movie. there's also a song from Aghast.

User avatar
By NathanLurker
#36641
Last one for tonight



This is a soundtrack made by the band Ulver, for a norwegian film : Svidd Neger (in English, Scorched Negro). I have yet to see the film, but I can't recommend this enough. There is a bit of what I like in "Let the Right One In" in "Svidd Neger", except it's more bombastic at times, more electronics, some jazz...

User avatar
By texasvinyl
#36642
I am going to play horror soundtracks tonight from 7pm CST until ??

Queueing up albums now... thriller/horror, sci-fi/horror, giallo, horror-comedy etc. Any requests/suggestions?

Watch/listen here on the Analog Culture Livestream:

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9860 ... ts/3500114

PS if you want to do broadcasts on this page, let me know. I have a good time doing them.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#36643
I did 3 hours and about 45 records. Livestream will save the broadcast for 30 days. There are a couple of NSFW/language tracks in there, just a heads-up (the pussy speech from Dusk Till Dawn & 'My Way' from Street Trash).
By DISCOSUCKS...
#36658
^^ Very nice selections, @hncreature!

Gawd, I really need that 2001 lp.....oh boy! Have you tried it against the film yet?? ;)

Been up since dawn and having a nice time mixing birdsong with some mellow Gus Van Sant tunes :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15383770029/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15383769469/

Now that I think about it, there's every possibility that the sticker recommendation on the 7" may have been penned by a certain Mr Hickman....as I seem to recall he was maybe working at that time in my local record emporium Plastic Factory. They were the first store that I saw doing sleeve stickers, which I thought was genius back in the day. Picked up so many things based on the sticker write up - the old-school equivalent of a tweet-review I guess!
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#36670


Another pseudo OST all synth and suspence
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#36672


Another tape, sounding kind of like chris carter (throbbing gristle) does christmas, in a a good way, so far :-D
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#36691


Some library synth funk action
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#36704


Be dooby dum be dooby dooby dooby ... !!!
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#36711
@layne - good call on these, some super solid listening & saves me making a bunch of compilation playlists!

By philball1974
#36713
Liking this album at the moment
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#36716
Joe meek was a true twisted genius
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#36719


Umiliani abstract electronics and jazz
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#36722



Next up, forgot how good this record is.
  • 1
  • 113
  • 114
  • 115
  • 116
  • 117
  • 235