Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Whip Wilson
#42433
Wow. ISB on STBC. Just a great band right there. Great band.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42434
Fully agree. This one took me frikkin' ages to track down for some reason, back when I had my soundtrack renaissance in the early 2000s. I recall the day I scored it, I dj'd at a friend's bday party and span it, to the abject horror of 98% of the room :P
User avatar
By static14
#42436
@Disco feel free to mail that to me any time you'd like. ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42437
On the way bud -- packaged for protection between a couple of copies of The Caine Mutiny!

(of course, it'll inevitably get a reissue at some point, and I'll wish I'd moved it on for $500 :)
By Whip Wilson
#42473
I bought a second copy with this repress well before I'd worn out the original. Just because it made me feel better. I've only done that with roughly a dozen other records. So damn good. I'm having a genuine emotion right now, you guys.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42476
^ what chappie said. In every way.

You know it's good shit if @mateo is getting real.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42479
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15670912470/

100% awesome R+R/beat/surf/psychobilly etc covers on Portland OR label "Blood Red" of stuff like Faster Pussycat, Muscle Beach Party, The Ghost and Mrs Chicken (!!) and my favourite, Bedazzled (you can never have enough covers of that!)

Bands such as The Insect Surfers, The Neptunas, Miss Murgatroid, Satan's Pilgrims, The Boss Martians and The Chesterfield Kings! I know nothing of these but suspect they may be Portland bands too?

Throw on yer 3D specs, the cover is 100% awesome (I'm obvs really getting into the spirit today!).

It's from 1997 and I'm kicking it LOUD on sunday morning, and the neighbours are hammering the wall - fuck 'em.
By Macready
#42488

@ Ed... spookily, I was walking through Belfast city centre yesterday afternoon, struggling through the fag-end of the worst flu I've had in years, when I heard the main theme from 28 Days Later blasting out of a tiny amp.

>This guy< , who seems to be a bit of a soundtrack enthusiast, was busking the absolute shit out of it with nothing but an acoustic guitar and one of those little loop machines.

It was totally unreal and amazing to hear out-of-doors and in the middle of the town, with the majority of shoppers oblivious to the epic music unfolding right in front of them. I emptied all of the change I had into his guitar case and walked away feeling like a slightly post-infectious Killian Murphy...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEsXdi-MYNM[/video]

User avatar
By hncreature
#42489
@disco - Great record from the modern surf/instro era of the 90's - A good mix of bands from all over the country actually - I booked Thee Phantom 5ive back in the day and got to see a handful of those bands over the years - Loves me some surf/instro...even better when they are doing tunes from movies!
User avatar
By tim28212
#42492
some early James Horner
By EdKings
#42498
To be honest @Disco, I went back today! (It was a 2day event) And went to the guy who sold me the record to look for one more! ...but this kind of language.. It hurts my feelings! ;)
Jokes aside, really looked for another.. But at the second day at an event like this are always leftovers you don't wanna have. I saw an Evil Dead 2 for example, want that record so bad, but it was scratched and couldn't pay the $$ for a record that surely will pop and crack the whole time. Same thing for the DarkCrystal and Phantasm (Had several tiny dents (??) ) Also saw a Lost Highway but man that record was mistreated.. Why?! :(
By EdKings
#42499
That's so cool!! Must have been surreal to see al those zombie-shoppers walking by ,minding there own business, not aware of this ;) With you standing still for a sec and queue music! *28dayslater style
User avatar
By tim28212
#42500
It's bad you know :)
User avatar
By tim28212
#42501
@ed mention this a few threads up and I realized it had been a while since I gave it a spin, I'd forgotten how good this is

By EdKings
#42503
@tim, it's great! Spinning mine later on! First.. Going to Interstellar!
  • 1
  • 132
  • 133
  • 134
  • 135
  • 136
  • 235