Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By NathanLurker
#42635

No record player in the kitchen, so I have to go with this while washing the dishes. I'd like a vinyl release of this.
User avatar
By deafmetal
#42649
@Spun - I believe @Si is our resident The Night Terrors expert. Check out the blog posts:

Pavor Nocturnus review

Spiral Vortex review

Back To Zero review
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42673
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15689560199/

So great to have more Goldenthal...someone should really press up his Heat score (and the soundtrack, generally) on wax. I think it would go down like gangbusters!!

I happened to score the livid green versh of this one, and I'm very happy with it - sound is good, looks amazing. Brilliant wax colour choice for this. Very nice job Mondudes.

Will throw some comparison notes out there in due course, with the original Varese edition. But I mean, for starters this is a double LP chock full of additional and alt tracks! :D
User avatar
By zuko
#42674
+1squillion for Heat. A soundtrack so good it makes me like Moby.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42675
^^ hahaha.......agreed +1 bazillion!
User avatar
By tim28212
#42679
how's everyone starting their morning?

I started mine with this

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42684
@tim - An absolute classic.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42685
Starting off today with some Goldsmith.

User avatar
By tim28212
#42687
@tony, always thought Coma was a good score, and being a child of the 70's I enjoy the disco version of the love theme. :)
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42688
@tim - I agree 100%
It does get a little flack occasionally but I for one adore this score.

One thing I have just noticed though is how much it sounds like the Friday 13th score.
It's uncanny in certain places.
User avatar
By tim28212
#42690
@tony, I never noticed, so now I'll have to find time to spin both of them :)
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42691
@tim - In some places it's very subtle but in others glaringly obvious.

I guess I've only noticed it as I've been playing F13 a lot recently.

See what you think :)
User avatar
By tim28212
#42697
nice one @tony!
User avatar
By Hatter313
#42698
@tim and @tony.

Agreed on the coma score. Always dug that one, and of course thanks to Tim i know have my very own copy. gonna have to give it listen next to F13, interesting observation.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42702
@hatter, @tim - I hope it's not just me so let me know guys :)
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42724
I immediately snagged the 2nd LP as soon as I heard how great the first was. Essential field recording stuff.

Anyone heard of Robert Curgenven, btw? (Speaking of field recordings///)

I met him in Bham last week, stocking up his new LP in my local store. After a ten minute chat with they guy I was intrigued by his music to say the least......

http://www.recordedfields.net/



And while I'm mentioning this kind of thing....this brilliant slice of glitched up jazz electronica was also found recently in my local brick n mortar:

https://anaott.bandcamp.com/album/code-17-abstraction

Very highly recommended, if you can stand the heat!!

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42732
@spun - T'was not buddy, I've had this for a while now.

Definitely one to track down, pure bliss.
By Whip Wilson
#42736
[quote=42360]@toosoonjunior I snagged one of the fantasy cassettes for you. It’ll be about $10 shipped. Sounds good? Shoot me an email. [/quote]Hey, Cult. I sent you a missive a couple of days back about this. Let me know if you got it, mang. Cheers.
  • 1
  • 134
  • 135
  • 136
  • 137
  • 138
  • 235