- Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 am
#49021
Finally arrived from HHV after an initial shipping misfire. Really nice acoustic tracks here. I am a bit miffed that this is a counterfeit release (why the heck do big reputable vendors keep selling these euro counterfeits?!?), but it does sound better than they usually do.
It has to be the same people and plant making these, too. They all have the same kind of album jackets-- cheap flimsy rough card stock with a glossy finish. Most say "LIMITED EDITION" on the back cover. And the catalog number is always the artist/album+001 (I.e. SEUJORGE001, CHANCETHERAPPER001, BASTARD001 etc). Almost always on color wax (and generally several 100-250 press small-batch releases of the same album spread out over time), and they usually cut in a huge lead-in area to give them some room for error because their shitty vinyl trimming equipment to often makes an off-centered cut. Generally cheap recycled pellets are used, so most have a lot of surface noise.
I wish the vendors would at least make it clear that they are selling counterfeit titles, if they won't just refuse to stock them.