Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By static14
#21738
Getting lots O spins. Sounds much better then the US issue.

User avatar
By tim28212
#21789
@static do you have the DW release also?
User avatar
By static14
#21794
No, just the Mondo sadly. The DW artwork is worlds better.

By DISCOSUCKS...
#21802
Weird coincidence time, @Static!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/10624893106/

I'm actually listening to the 25th anniversary expanded, man that would make a helluva double LP! I've dug it out (digitally) cuz I finally got round to watching Fright Night 2 last night at 3am, insomnia, having been sick off work all day sleeping and damn if it didn't spook me a little bit! Can't believe I dodged it this long since a) I loved the first film like crazy back in the day! and b) I love Tommy Lee Wallace's efforts with Halloween III. And Fiedel reprises his classic score pretty much, with some really spooky guitar atmospheres added - hell, I had a great time with my bad self! :)
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#21805
Static, I spy Gladiator to right...one my favorites. :)
By Ptflea2
#21808
I thought Fright Night 2 was a much under rated sequel. Most "big" fans of the original FN loath FN2. I, on the other hand, had a lot of fun with it. Can't remember much about the score though. Might give the DVD a spin tonight if the NBA final's game 1 becomes boring.
By scottyboy71
#21878
@ static14 What's different or better about that Japanese Alien release?
User avatar
By static14
#21881
@Scottyboy71 it has an almost black background, and better dynamics.
User avatar
By tim28212
#21895
@rougegorge got that one also, very nice! I always spin it and Razorback back to back.
By Whip Wilson
#21896
@RougeGorge - I like that movie quite a bit, but I've never seen the score before. Very nice.
User avatar
By RougeGorge
#21899
I love this ost but I never see the movie yet.
By oaxaca
#21918


Just playing this beast! Sounds so good, just like a mega drive game soundtrack lol. Think 80s pop-rock / smooth jazz / synthy electronic beats.

Ps. I nearly bought that Shogun Assassin bootleg on Discogs the other day but the damn seller got back to me saying he was out of stock!
User avatar
By monsterworship
#21921
Shogun Assasain is in my top 10 soundtracks.

Dagar: hope you didn't pay a lot for that one, it's a bootleg.
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#21924
@monsterworship no I never paid a lot it's babycart release - I didn't think there was an original recording only a promo - cost about £20 me still like though :)
Do you have a copy? Or in your top ten to get?

@oaxaca I'll keep my eyes open for you, it's a good un! Do see them on eBay sometimes. Appleseed looks good!
User avatar
By monsterworship
#21942
Re: shogun. The original has a flower circle on the bottom left cover in the black area, otherwise it seems identical like an identical repro.

I have an original copy that picked up a while back sealed, but I opened it of course!
By Whip Wilson
#21943
@Dagar & monsterworship - I love that score as well. To both releases sound good or is the bootleg shoddier quality? Perhaps vice versa?

@phil - Hell yes, man. I just got both Black Mills Tapes volumes on eBay and I'm itching to give them a spin.
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#21949
@Mateo bootleg sounds good, just needed a copy,went a bit crazy over it a few years back after watching the film again and watching the tv series which is fantastic,as good as monkey (well maybe)
By philball1974
#21961
@Mateo I have the 2 disk Black Mills Tapes 1-4 on Purple. Really awesome stuff.

Also picked up Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement's new one this morning. Definitely for fans of Valhalla Rising/dark ambient/Drone

  • 1
  • 56
  • 57
  • 58
  • 59
  • 60
  • 235