Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Jarrod
#22322
Until I can afford a better sound system, it's all I got at the moment. I collect records to play them, not store them. Whether the records last after I pass, is of no concern to me. :)
By philball1974
#22325
Yes it is, although my copy is a bit noisy in places, not sure if that effected all the white vinyl releases?
User avatar
By hncreature
#22328
He was just concerned for the life of the record - You won't have to worry about it lasting until you pass...it will be long before that with the Crosley
By Jarrod
#22332
I totally understand, I was being a tad humorous about it. But unfortunately I can't really afford to spend thousands of dollars on a new system at the moment, so I have to make due with the junky Crosley. It's not like I'm gonna play the thing a 100 times on it.
By jdubtxn
#22342
A good system can be had for around $300. It's worth saving up. The sound will be night and day.
By Jarrod
#22344
Yeah, I've had some great turntables in the past, when I lived in San Francisco I had a Technic and it was great. Unfortunately when I moved to New York, I had to leave the stereo system behind, and I still haven't really bought a wonderful turntable since. I keep using ones that friends give me, which I have two. Neither the Crosley or the other are great, but I make do. I do like the juxtaposition of seeing my Crosley with tim28212's right underneath. His looks like it cost a million bucks. Updating and upgrading my turntable is on the list of things I'd like though. I'm a little embarrassed, from now on I'll just post the cover. :)
By Whip Wilson
#22348
Fuck that. You post whatever you feel like posting on here, Jarrod. No exceptions. If you like the way your Crosley looks (and, while I've never owned one, I do think some of them look pretty sweet), then post the bejesus out of it. The folks that commented weren't chastising or shaming you. They were just offering an informed opinion in a genial fashion. If you spent your LP budget for three months on a new turntable you'd probably be all set, but then you'd miss out on a bunch of records you really want, etc, etc. We all get it. Post away, old sod! We'll look at your Crosley and you'll get some great ideas for a new deck. Cheers!
By Whip Wilson
#22349
Move along. Nothing to see here.
User avatar
By static14
#22419
@Jarrod Please keep posting whatever you like just as @Mateo said. I was in no way trying to offend you, or put you down. I had a knee jerk reaction :) Sorry if it came off as crummy.

But by all means play whatever you like on whatever you can. It's all about listening to the music you love. I look forward to seeing what you're spinning next.

By DISCOSUCKS...
#22421
The truth is - that's a French EP from the 70s. It's been played on many a filthy Froggy's fugged-up deck my man!!

(Just opening another window of insult there, if anyone wants to take it on -- heh heh heh......)

Btw - I was VERY tempted by a portable Peanuts/Schultz edition Crosley around Xmas time - the thing that put me off finally was finding out that "portable" is really stretching the Trade Descriptions Act: they only run on mains power! Not batteries!!

Duh. Fail.
By philball1974
#22423
@disco for the sake of a clean forum you should probably edit the xenophobic comment!
User avatar
By Oiche
#22424
disco said: (Just opening another window of insult there, if anyone wants to take it on — heh heh heh……)

You may want to post that in the French members thread for the full effect! :)
Yes, there may be room for er..., misinterpretation...
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#22426
Moving swiftly on...



Another superb job by Seb & the OWS gang.
By oaxaca
#22428
LOL @Disco!

A Non-OST that I can listen to over and over again. I don't think catchier pop songs have ever been written.

User avatar
By static14
#22429
still have to order this myself :) thanks for the reminder Tony!
By DISCOSUCKS...
#22430
I've no idea what you're talking about.......it's a well-established fact that Kermit was a rabid collector of European film scores in the 70s and 80s, and anything that passed through his mitts quickly looked like an old Jamaican dub platter......god i hate that little fucker.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#22433
@static - you will not be disappointed my friend.
User avatar
By tim28212
#22434
@tonyandrewg, got mine this weekend at my local shop, agree, another winner!
User avatar
By tim28212
#22440
@dagar like!
By philball1974
#22449
Ha nice try..... you said "many"

How many Kermits were there? And besides the real Kermit would have been too busy taking over Manhattan in the 80s to be collecting records.
  • 1
  • 60
  • 61
  • 62
  • 63
  • 64
  • 235