Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#22519
Very weird @RougeGorge was going to play Nosferatu tonight haven't played it in years!!! ;)
User avatar
By tim28212
#22532
@philball, nice, just wish this had the choral arrangements in it like the Intrada CD release. Maybe Mondo will release it also.
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#22539
@philball cool! need to get this one still.

Great music but unfortunately my copy is only fit for the bin. While frying some fish in the kitchen whilst listening to this could hardly tell the difference :(
however... don't think I can just bin it, even though the sound is super static.

Next

Could listen to this forever
User avatar
By Oiche
#22543
With you on that Dagar. Conan is really underrated and one of my all time favourites. "Let me tell you of the days of high adventure..." Bom Bom Bom-Bom
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#22550
That soundtrack is awesome I don't think it's underrated though I still see a lot of interest and love for this soundtrack. Nice cover, I've got another edition with the regular cover art.
User avatar
By tim28212
#22551
I don't think it is underrated either when you look at what if goes for on ebay.
User avatar
By Oiche
#22554
I've always felt its been looked down on by some score enthusiasts, maybe due to genre, I don't know. Its only in recent years its become expensive, but deservedly so in my opinion. Sheer class!
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#22565
Totally agree with all your comments, yes Nathan great (french) cover , although would still like to own the US cover art too. I guess if people don't like it due to genre they're missing out,even heard a few western influences listening to it last night. I actually found this at a car boot sale in great condition for £1. :) Be great if one of our favourite labels did a job on this one, with wheel of pain variant!
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#22612


This was awesome. I have watched the movie about 2 months ago and I remember very much liking the score, so it was nice sitting down and listening to this one and rediscovering the music. It's definitely one of the best orchestral score that I own.



This one is surprisingly mellow on side A, currently spinning side B, it's good stuff
By DISCOSUCKS...
#22746
Saturday is listening day! All the newbies from this week are lined up for action....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14416568261/
Thanks to discogs, I finally snagged this Greece-only 2LP edition. Love it! I have so much fondness for 80s/90s morricone, things like Friedkin's Rampage, Frantic, and the astonishing State of Grace. God if only we could get that on vinyl - one of my hands-down ultimate soundtrack/morricone wants.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14418628962/
What a killer record! So varied...a great game is to put on the first track and wait for someone to say "cool
disco tune, what's this?" and you tell them "it's from a film called Make Them Die Slowly". Hahaha....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14396800296/
Happy happy, joy joy! Thanks n praise be to all the Spin members who bought this Japanese reissue to my attention. Always wanted this - TICK!!! Whether it's a boot or not, it actually sounds pretty great.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14396800786/
Long time coming. Good wigged out proggy synth score (of course), sounds very much like a Goblin soundtrack, but a little more uptight and by someone with not as good taste! (of course...)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14233278609/
Always wanted this - loved the film back in the 80s, and it kickstarted a long-standing love for Cajun/Zydeko music. This has lots of great tracks on it, inc. a Cajun ballad sung by Dennis Quaid. No...really. That just happened.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14233325408/
An amazing jazz score - just coming back into my world after a long absence - an ex-gf stole a bunch of my rekkids years ago when we broke up (don't ask! too soon!! ;) ) including this and most notably my original Pathe edition of Planete Sauvage! Never go out with an alcoholic, drug-dependent, morally shaky, gorgeous and interesting girl who also happens to have great taste/be into the same music as you....well, okay, go on then. It's a helluva lot of fun. But don't say Disco didn't warn you :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14418631552/
Whoop! One of my all-time favourite soundtracks, now issued in the "Complete Recordings" 2LP edition by MOV that was previously on CD only. God I fucken love this music. And incredibly, this now means that I have no less than FOUR different vinyl editions of it. Nuts.

Happy listening folks!
By EdKings
#22757


Just came in.. Man I love this record.. Best Mondo so far?



Picked this up in a small recordstore, verry nice collection of 3 Hitchcock movies, sound great!! Nice Artwork to! (Don't mind the bare feet, it's hot here)





Putting this one on when making dinner.. So fine, relax, great!
By Re-animated Cat
#22763
@disco: yeah man, that Miles Davis is an superb album! I actually don't have a vinyl edition - which is the best one to pick up? Just looking for sound quality, nothing more.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#22772
This new MOV 2 lp release is the winner, hands down. It is well up to the usual and expected MOV quality, 180gm etc, and has all of the cues recorded for the film. I can't rec highly enough!

The other versions I have to compare it with are:

the original Dutch Fontana 10" from '58:

http://www.discogs.com/Miles-Davis-Asce ... se/1079913

the Dutch Mercury split lp from 1959 in Mono (with Art Blakey on the B side):

http://www.discogs.com/Miles-Davis-Quin ... ase/512290

the original Fontana release (also from '59) that's titled Jazz Track, and features Lift to the Scaffold on Side A and standards on the flip:

http://www.discogs.com/Miles-Davis-Quin ... se/2424073

and the Fontana re-issue from '88 that includes 6 alternate session takes, and is "digitally remastered" in stereo:

http://www.discogs.com/Miles-Davis-Asce ... ase/761397

The new MOV edition adds an additional 10 alternate takes, like the '89 CD version. The sticker on the front states "exclusively remastered" and it sure does sound great - yet to ascertain if it's mono or stereo.
By Re-animated Cat
#22774
Ace! Thanks for the comprehensive list. The MOV 2LP it is then!

I noticed a couple of other versions have popped up lately, such as this:

Single LP Reissue on Jazz Wax Records (click) - (now that's a bootish-sounding label name!)

And also two other versions on Dol and 'Classic Jazz Records'. Both sound very suspect to me ;)
User avatar
By hncreature
#22781
Thank you for the heads up on the Miles disco! Really like this A LOT and picked up "Jazz Tracks" reissue Lp just to have some of it on vinyl! Have the CD to the MOV Lp so I'm really stoked to get it all on vinyl! Thanks again!

ORDERED!
By DISCOSUCKS...
#22782
@hncreature - hey! My pleasure man, glad to see others love this music as much as me :)

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#22786
@disco - im'a need dis.
User avatar
By static14
#22828
Happy Father's Day ;)

User avatar
By static14
#22839
After the Mark Isham talk in another thread.

User avatar
By static14
#22848
A wildly underrated score and movie.

  • 1
  • 61
  • 62
  • 63
  • 64
  • 65
  • 235