Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By tim28212
#22854
a couple of today's spins



I have been in an Alan Parsons mood lately

By siforster
#22857
Currently playing "guess the speed" with Valhalla rising. 2/3rds through Side one and it still could be either.
User avatar
By static14
#22858
@Si which do you prefer? :)
By siforster
#22860
Ah, they're both good :)
User avatar
By tim28212
#22862
finally got this cleaned for a spin, some DCD

User avatar
By static14
#22863
More DCD incoming @Tim28212
User avatar
By static14
#22865
@Disco You absolutely need to dig deep into DCD. Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry.

Also I'd love to get my mitts on the Bugsy score. :)
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#22867


already spinning this for the moment but then I'll skip to some DCD too. Yes Lisa Gerrard is one half of DCD.

Seriously, this "The Wind and the Lion" is one of my favorite from Jerry Goldsmith.it's amazing.
User avatar
By static14
#22874
The only album of DCD that I don't have on vinyl is Spleen and Ideal.



User avatar
By NathanLurker
#22879
Good stuff Static, I don't have all of their main albums, I'm missing Spirit Chaser and Into the Labyrinth.

spinning this release from this box:
User avatar
By tim28212
#22882
looks like I need to pick up more DCD, that is my only album so far
User avatar
By tim28212
#22883
last two for the night

there was chatter about Miles Davis earlier in the week so I decided to spin this


then I went way off with this one, it is the Japanese import
By Jarrod
#22994
Got this one sort of recent, sent from Japan. The film is called Escape To Athena (1979), but the soundtrack title (in Japan) goes by Offside 7 (I don't think it's coincidental that Roger Moore is in this, and has a title beginning with "o" and ending in "7"). I really like this Lalo Schifrin soundtrack (not that he ever disappoints), especially since it has a Greek vibe, which I don't normally find on scores. When I saw the film many years ago, I really dug the end title track by the band Heatwave, with a song called Keep Tomorrow for Me. I'm a big fan of disco/ pop tracks from soundtracks of this era, and am very excited to finally have this one.

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#23003
I think I need to jump on the DCD bandwagon too...
By DrRhythm
#23007
Love that film - what a cast!!
By oaxaca
#23016
Me too! Escape To Athena is so much fun. Moore and Telly in particular are great but David Niven is there representing the (even) old(er) guard. G.P. Cosmatos the director went on to make one of my fave westerns, certainly my favourite modern western, Tombstone (1993). But anyway, two other films done in the style of Escape to Athena, i.e. action/adventure/war/comedy mash-up with ensemble casts (both also starring Roger Moore!) are: The Wild Geese (1978) and The Sea Wolves (1980) - The latter being my favourite of the three. Been meaning to pick up the soundtrack to this one for a while.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#23017
Rarely off the turntable but can only have the cover on display when the Mrs isn't home...

By Jarrod
#23019
I do have the score to Wild Geese, but I would also love to get the Roy Budd score to Sea Wolves. Like the disco track Dance With Death from Wild Geese.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#23021
Masterful.

  • 1
  • 62
  • 63
  • 64
  • 65
  • 66
  • 235