Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#24851
@dagar - that's one fine album sir.

Vanity Fair is my personal favourite track.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#24854
No surprise - I loves me The Bungle. Squeeze Me Macaroni was my intro to them, and remains a psychotic favourite ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
#24865
'Mazin' new soundtracks (and some non...) :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14574947516/
Would love to have been at this screening
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14411376608/
Classic Isham.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14618062943/
I'm checking out more Chihara after my recent brush with his intense Dr Strange score!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14597986875/
Been waiting ages for this, beautiful live scores to Jarman films by Cyclobe - very highly recommended, Mr Stephen Thrower and Mr Ossian Brown can do no wrong in my book. You can get this direct from Phantomcode, and for a special bundle-price you can also add the re-issue of their 2001 double Lp...

The Visitors.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14597340852/
Hmm, thought I was being clever replacing my battered copy of this much beloved Barry score with the US blue vinyl edition - the vinyl is great, but the sleeve (listed as N mint) is in worse wear than my current one! :P
And lastly, two non-OSTs that are kicking my ass right now :

I loved the Earth 2 (Sub Pop) lp back in the early 90s, and somehow have managed to completely ignore Dylan Carlson's stuff since then. A grievous error rectified today by my local brick n mortar sensai Steve at Polar Bear Records. Thanks Steve. Amazing.
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#24873
Ah Mr Bungle, too many to choose a favourite, but I do love the end of goodbye sober day introducing the world to what he (Patton) had in store next - Fantomas!
This one arrived today!

Some fine stuff there Mr Disco! Death and vanilla is beautiful.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#24875
^^ Fantomas......ahhhhh, so incredible......Director's Cut on vinyl please!! :)
By colicub
#24942
Dagar - I've heard the vinyl pressing of California is really noisy and badly mastered, care to weigh in on this?

Also, WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE GHIBLI RECORDS?
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#24955
@colicub - California is the new repress by MOV (music on vinyl) and the sound is perfect, very pleased with it. The Ghilbi not records just folders from a shop in Disneyworld. @static :) Japanese
By colicub
#25009
Awesome, thanks dude! Will have to pick that one up, one of my favourite albums.
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#25015


Freshly received in the mail this morning.
User avatar
By monsterworship
#25037


Still in love with these. Here is the 2Lp version
By DISCOSUCKS...
#25058


Don Preston was in Zappa's band and I came across him recently when I re-watched 80s cult science fiction film Android - he did the score for that which I really liked. This is a collection of his unreleased electronic work. It's very good!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14618677072/

Seems I got the jump on this, courtesy of my friendly neighbourhood rekkid store :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14432586638/

Picked up cheap from a vintage clothes store. It features a veritable army of British jazzers, and Mingus! Patrick Mcgoohan played the drummer in the film!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14639141313/

Oh boy. Any of you good people with taste will want to seek this out - recorded in HDS's sitting room with the minimum of guitar accompaniment. The documentary is brilliant of course. For those who care about such guff, the gatefold first press is on clear orange wax, but more importantly it's super cheap as the label are doing the vinyl at the same price as the CD! (The dream, the dream!!) so I gots mine for £12. Winning.

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#25060
Had some utter gems through the door today but this made it on the TT first.

I never understood this album the first time I heard it & now it's one of my favourite records.

Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood.

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#25067
I swear I'll listen to a soundtrack soon...

Converge - Petitioning The Empty Sky

User avatar
By Bub
#25072
@TAG, the first time I heard the breakdown on The Saddest Day, I punched everyone that stood within 5 feet of me. That record is so frickin good.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#25073
@bub - It literally petrified me when I first heard it, now one of my favourite songs.

I still get chills when it's cranked up loud!
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#25112
My first foray into the world of Bernard Herrmann courtesy of @hncreature.

  • 1
  • 70
  • 71
  • 72
  • 73
  • 74
  • 235