Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
#25113
Two hundred-and-twelve years ago on a cluster of rocks in the Irish Sea, two lighthouse keepers met their doom when Howell, a cooper, thought he’d be suspected of workmate Griffith’s accidental death. His solution: lash the body to the outside of the lantern in the hope of attracting help, and not accusations of murder. Alone on a lighthouse with a body and intense storms? What could go wrong?

This is a truly amazing album if you like Ambient, field recording type stuff

User avatar
By tim28212
#25114
@tony, and how are you liking him so far. I enjoy It's Alive 2. need to check out Psycho, a must for any Herrmann fan.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#25115
@tim - have to say I'm mightily impressed.

It's a very cool quirky soundtrack, I'm sold on checking out some more of his stuff.
User avatar
By static14
#25131
@tag dig deep into Herrmann you won't regret it in the least.
User avatar
By static14
#25132
Sending well wishes the way of Ryuichi Sakamoto.

User avatar
By static14
#25136
Just Sakamoto's Laserman.

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#25149
@static - I'm planing on doing so buddy, for sure going to try and pick up the Hitchcock set I've seen on here a few times.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#25151
Disco recommends "Sisters" sir, it's a great score and can be picked up relatively inexpensively. And this is absolutely stunning stuff if you see it around, goes for big bucks on discogs but you do see them cheap occassionally:

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#25154
Duly noted brother Disco!
By oaxaca
#25217
Just been listening to samples of Smalls Lighthouse on their bandcamp site and I love it. Just ordered it. Interesting backstory too, a soundtrack to a real life incident is quite unique! Reminded me very much of Simon Fisher-Turner's soundtrack to The Epic of Everest, which is very much in the ambient/field recording vein too. Anyway, thanks very much for bringing this to my attention Phil :)~
User avatar
By tim28212
#25262
morning coffee is being spent On An Island with David Gilmour
User avatar
By tim28212
#25263
still spinning the original Web Records edition. I am a little behind on my DW purchases. I will say I prefer this art cover over DW's.

User avatar
By tim28212
#25265
a couple of Goldsmith gems that only saw single side releases, someone needs to release full vinyl scores of these two


User avatar
By static14
#25266
@Tim couldn't agree more.
User avatar
By tim28212
#25267
@static, coming up on the anniversary of his death, July 21st, I am on PTO this week so if you, and anyone else is available this week, we should have that Goldsmith marathon we talked about a while back.
By siforster
#25269
It's a great record, beautifully put together (welcome to the Clay Pipe ultra-rare rabbit hole!), and the story behind it is wonderful but ultimately very sad. It also changed lighthouse-keeping law!
I wrote about it last year here, with the anonymous Tyneham House (which comes with its own strange, sad, true tale) reissue cued up for a later listen.
By philball1974
#25270
As well as the music being superb, the presentation is also excellent with hand printed cover, short story and post card. Oh and a download code should you be so inclined. Clay Pipe are a really cool very small label.
User avatar
By tim28212
#25271
just arrived! thank you Spencer
User avatar
By static14
#25273


@Tim sounds good to me. My daughter is in day camp next week tuesday - thursday 9a-1p. So I'll be free those mornings.
By philball1974
#25283
Forced Nostalgia's latest release is the soundtrack to a theatre performance 'Jessica In The Room Of Lights' by John Avery

  • 1
  • 71
  • 72
  • 73
  • 74
  • 75
  • 235