Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
#26445
Hey TAG - did you make it to the Assault screening boss? You came and went under the cloud of night if so, didn't spot you there....but then, I was up to my ass in technical issues that night!

Got some interesting 16mm events coming up as part of Scalarama in September, I'll keep you posted as thngs get firmed up sir.
User avatar
By static14
#26446
@Disco Warlock isn't one of his best. That being said if you like 80's Goldsmith pick it up :)
By DISCOSUCKS...
#26447
Fair do's Chris, thanks man! As well you know sir, I DO like 80s Goldsmith a whole lot!! ;)

So, from my recent @oaxaca haul, today I am spinning:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14747784992/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14561406000/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14561627307/
(huge soft spot for this one, love it!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14561627887/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14725085876/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14561441428/
I love this Capitol art so much (and am not really into the AMS reissue art sorry - a bit too photoshop-ey for me...) so I've cunningly flipped the gatefold to make this the front! I know, I know - not cool from a collecting point of view, it's bound to cause some wear/damage to the spine. But y'know what? Fuckit.

Also got this other recent release:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14748082785/
I love Libaek! Will be getting the other Votary editions as soon as my finances allow (as well as the Doctor Who/library stuff they just released...)

A good day to you all! ;)

-------------------------------

“Who knows what Elvis lurks in the hearts of men? Disco knows!”
User avatar
By tim28212
#26448
@disco, Warlock is not in the league with Alien, The Omen, or Psycho II. That said, it's definitely worth having if the price is reasonable. I had it on CD for years and when I got back into vinyl and had the opportunity to get it I did not pass on it. I don't play it much but when I do I always enjoy it. If you are uncertain I would search youtube for some clips.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#26450
@disco - Some sweet stuff there brother, got me a big ol soft for Omen 2 & 3.

Needs me the Basic Instinct.
User avatar
By tim28212
#26451
like @tony, I need Basic Instinct also, in the meantime...

Saturday morning coffee with the cannibals

User avatar
By tim28212
#26452
I really do enjoy this score
User avatar
By tim28212
#26454
I am loving the vinyl edition of this release

User avatar
By tim28212
#26462
this may be my favorite so far this year. haven't received DWs Godzilla so I don't know how it holds up against it. But this one has been in heavy rotation since I got it.

User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#26466
Been listening to this by the pool
;)

This needs a vinyl release - seriously give it a listen if you can, it's everything you need! :)
User avatar
By tim28212
#26470
@static, how is The Kindred? Been thinking of getting it.
User avatar
By static14
#26477
@Tim worth grabbing if you like David Newman.
User avatar
By tim28212
#26566
Excited to get this one, even though this is an older release it is new Pino Donaggio for me. I didn't know this even existed, not listed in discogs and the ebay auction was the first time I had seen it. Looked it up on Spotify and it was listed under Natale Massara. Anyway, it's classic Pino and I'm loving it.
By EdKings
#26584


So.. How about that "Reboot news" .. Do we want it?
By EdKings
#26781


Just came in.. The movie was great, soundtrack sounds pretty good so far!
User avatar
By tim28212
#26785
@Ed, how did you get that already? :) I just placed my order for it yesterday, street date here is 8/19. Listened to it on Spotify and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to getting this one.
By EdKings
#26786
@Tim, Let's just say I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows ... Nope, just got it from my record shop. They had it delivered in advance. Maybe yours will be earlier as well! Great soundtrack and nice clear records!
By EdKings
#26788


Loving this already! Hoping they will release the first one on vinyl to :)
User avatar
By tim28212
#26795
Listened to this on Spotify also. Didn't immediately grab me like X-Men did. May have to listen to it a few more times before deciding. Vinyl does look cool though. :)
  • 1
  • 79
  • 80
  • 81
  • 82
  • 83
  • 235