Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#27335
@tim - first listen I've had in a while.

Always enjoy going back to something I might have given a lot of attention to I.E Hills Have Eyes
By DISCOSUCKS...
#27344
Any of yooz cats picked up these?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14842714266/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14679167157/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14679079028/

All highly recommended. All limited to 500 (I think...) Lovely job on the Polanski sleeve, Doxy (even if you are only semi-legit??)

The Votary gatefold sleeves are absolutely superb - packed with sleeve notes, beautiful facsimile/retro design and thick ass matte card stock. Perfect.

Looking forward to The Congress now. Anyone caught it yet?

Happy Saturday, Black Circle Spinners!
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#27347
Been listening to Nature walkabout quite a bit on Spotify which is superb and I watched The Congress yesterday which was alright, found it went on a bit too long. Favourite scene was where real life crossed over to animation and a track from the soundtrack kicks in, worth a watch.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#27348
Thanks dude! The soundtrack is a winner at least ;)
By stumpybunker
#27357
Really enjoying The Congress. Awaiting Nature Walkabout, but enjoying Libaeks Inner Space. Those Votary sleeves really are quite gorgeous! As is the Music!
User avatar
By tim28212
#27365
I know it isn't a OST but I am so happy to have this on vinyl. I just started getting releases on MOV and I must say I am very impressed. Looking forward to their Games and Dawn releases.

User avatar
By tim28212
#27366
shark week starts tomorrow!
User avatar
By tim28212
#27369
perfect spin for a chilly, wet, rainy day
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#27370
@tim - may have to throw that one on myself.
User avatar
By milliondollars
#27372
Komedas Knife In The Water OST is simply amazing for me but maybe because it is one of my favourite Polanski flicks. there was a reissue on one of Finders Keepers sub labels recently but this 7" contaisn only four tracks. the Doxy one seems to be the complete score (which was available only on CD previously).
i usually pass on all Doxy releases. no proper covers, no background information, cheap sleeves, no love...

but as a Polanski fan, this one i could not pass on!

sound quality is allright but nothing more than that...
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#27373
@disco - what's that broheim?
By DISCOSUCKS...
#27378
I agree on pretty much all of what you say, @million - also, the disappointment for me with this release was that it didn't include the sublime music from the short film When Angels Fall, which was included on the previous CD releases. I could have sworn that I saw pre-release sleeve art which said it was on there, and half wondered if that was something to do worth the LP's delayed release....really not sure now though, may have imagined it.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#27380
Good buddy -- that is Cyclobe : "Sulphur-Tarot-Garden", music for the short films by Derek Jarman, and I am loving it. As I love everything by Mssrs. Ossian Brown and Stephen Thrower. It can be got through their website/Phantomcode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqRtor47qKo
By chuck
#27407
I can join in now I got my shit together after what seems like an eternity. Not the most ideal set up space, but it works for now. Anyway...

By DISCOSUCKS...
#27408
How come the record doesn't fall off? Not being funny bro, but I'd say your setup still needs a little tweaking ;)
By chuck
#27409
Oh for sure it needs tweaking all to hell! It's just the angle I took the photo, the table is flat. Is that what you mean?!
By DISCOSUCKS...
#27411
Current platter-that-matters:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14679079028/

Some lovely versions of Schubert and Chopin, and Robin Wright sings like an angel.

Also lined up:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/11416664506/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/9434323003/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/9573884249/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/11336259883/
Howlround - Secret Songs of Savalama
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/10995779026/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/9523464335/

Yeah -- just feeling kinda paganistic/melancholy this morrow. I think it's 'cause I can smell Autumn just around the corner. My view:





By DISCOSUCKS...
#27412
(delete)

(damn annoying that ya can't delete yer posts!)
By DISCOSUCKS...
#27413
It's upside down bro! ;)

Maybe it only looks that way on my browser though....so joke-fail haha....)
By chuck
#27414
Hahhaaaa! Is it not meant to be like that???!,!!?
By DISCOSUCKS...
#27415
and btw @philball - yes, my Congress also has a 2-3mm (not cm!) warp on one side. Doesn't seem to be too much of a prob, but what's worse is that the tracks closest to the centre have a weird background "crunching" that I've compared with the download mp3 and isn't meant to be there. I got mine from a local brick n mortar though, so I guess there's not a whole lot I can do about it :(
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#27416
@disco - this is some awesome shizzle.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention :)
  • 1
  • 82
  • 83
  • 84
  • 85
  • 86
  • 235