Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By hncreature
#28320
Finally got the records packed with two...actually three...final spins in - The room now echoes with the emptiness...just weird







By DISCOSUCKS...
#28325
Good luck safely moving those babies (and of course the rest of your life!) @hncreature.
User avatar
By Oiche
#28328
Hope the move goes well hn!
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#28329
Got the house to myself so getting in some good listening.







By Ptflea2
#28334


Can't get enough of the B side here. Amazing score!
User avatar
By tim28212
#28336
Patiently waiting on my Surf Nazis. Got my shipping notice this past Thursday.
User avatar
By tim28212
#28337
@tony, some nice listening going on at you place
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#28338
@tim - Enjoyed it a lot, I skipped Surf Nazi's, is it worth grabbing?
By DISCOSUCKS...
#28339
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14995441416/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14995442206/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14831706259/
Replacing my worn-out copy of this beauty with new reissue. If you don't know of it, go get it! An LP of Bat tunes from the days when dozens of cheesy cash-in albums were being knocked out by all n sundry, but this one happens to have Sun Ra and members of his Arkestra as the sessioners! It's really great - has a woozy dub/ska feel to it, with shreiky backing vocals and members of the Blues Project including Al Kooper.
User avatar
By tim28212
#28344
@tony, all I can say about Surn Nazis is I liked the samples I heard so I took a change. I figured if I don't like it I can easily get rid of it here. I felt the same about Chopping Mall and the jury is still out on it but I may be selling it. I will listen to it a few more times before deciding.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#28346
@tim - I'm kinda on the fence too & don't want to jump in then miss out on something else I really want.

*puzzled face*
By DISCOSUCKS...
#28347
FWIW....I haven't taken an instant "love" to either CM or SNMD. But I haven't bought an OST for ages, and my local brick n mortar had them so I jumped at 'em. Will definitely need to spin them both a few times to see if they grab me more, but that era of synths is certainly not my favourite! (the godawful Yamaha DX7 rears it's head on CM....doesn't bring back fond memories for me I have ta say!)

Despite reservations, both packages are quite exemplary though - great sleeve notes by the filmmakers on Surf Nazis that almost make me wanna see the film!

By Ptflea2
#28349
In my opinion, I much prefer Surf Nazi's to Chopping Mall. Over all, SNMD is a bit more diverse and has a brooding, darker tone which is getting a lot more spin in the Ptflea household over the "bubble gum" Chopping Mall score.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#28350
@Ptflea2 - whenever you post, I take one look at your avatar and think "well, I aint gonna argue with that guy!!"

;)
By Ptflea2
#28351
However, if you wanna compare films, Chopping Mall wins hands down! :)
By Ptflea2
#28352
[quote=28350]@Ptflea2 – whenever you post, I take one look at your avatar and think “well, I aint gonna argue with that guy!!”<br>
[/quote]

Ha! Al Leong is a puppy dog! A very, very nice and generous guy.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#28353
I'm sure!!! But he'll always be "Wing Kong Hatchet Man" to me, and one seriously bad motherf@*$a! ;)
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#28354
@tim, @disco, @ptflea2 - You've all given me something to think on & the tracks I've heard from Surf Nazis beat out Chopping Mall for sure.
User avatar
By tim28212
#28356
saved from the $1 bin yesterday, cleaned up very nicely!
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#28386
Only time for a quick spin today :)

User avatar
By tim28212
#28401
arrived today
User avatar
By static14
#28404
@Tim how is it? I didnt pick it up because of the overwhelming amount of stuff coming out right now!

User avatar
By NathanLurker
#28405
is this an old edition, @static14 ? I have Tron on preorder on amazon since April and it's still having a "we need more time..." delivery estimate status
User avatar
By static14
#28406
No this is the new rerelease. I grabbed it in a local shop today. That stinks about your Amazon order :(
  • 1
  • 86
  • 87
  • 88
  • 89
  • 90
  • 235