Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By tim28212
#31287
same here, I have a Denon DP47 in my second system downstairs. I tend to use it when I am doing the domestic chores.
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#31303
Been waiting quite a while to get this one in...Australian beach vibes.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#31309
Like also!!! Chris, when it comes to this shit, you are the bitch's bastard :)
User avatar
By static14
#31322
Starting to second guess which table is gonna stay in the main listening room. I switched over the cart from the Technics and I think this table sounds better. Hmmm... I've had tougher decisions to make in life I suppose. :)

User avatar
By tim28212
#31325
decisions, decisions

what cartridge are you running and what new one did you decide on?
User avatar
By static14
#31327
Right now it's an Audio Technica AT-OC9/MLIII I'm still not sure what I'm gonna grab next.
User avatar
By Spun out of control
#31343
Here's a disquieting yet interesting one currently being listened to at Spun Towers... the debut from Haxan Cloak on 2x red vinyl...



I recall it was DW's Spencer who recommended this one on an audio interview - though initially I mis-heard him as saying "Hats & Coat', which sounds like some dodgy 1990s trance duo or something....

Happily it wasn't - the truth being far more interesting.

Will have to investigate what else there is around by this artist - anyone on this forum offer any recommendations?
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#31363
@spun - I'm a big fan of Haxan, how're enjoying it?

Have you heard Excavation? That's the last lp released. It's one amazing listen but not an easy one. It's a real trip.
User avatar
By Spun out of control
#31370
@TAG

Thanks for the heads up.

How does Excavation compare to the debut? Sounds like it may be more of a difficult listen, as perhaps hinted at by the noose-like rope formation on the cover? :)

Aha, just found someone has helpfully uploaded it to YouTube.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otvGoSmEDIQ[/video]

Anyone else making music like this - am also just discovering A Winged Victory for the Sullen, another musical act heavy on the film-like atmospherics..?
User avatar
By tim28212
#31381
not the normal stuff I post here but ....
it's a cool cover
has the title Monster Movie
and if just a friggin' good album!

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#31384
@spun - I like this kind of stuff, haven't heard a lot of it & some of it is not easy listening but that's the part I enjoy.

I love a good pop song but sometimes want a little something to get the hairs on the neck standing.

Have you heard Pharmakon - Abandon?
User avatar
By tim28212
#31424
I hear alot of Goldsmith in this score. Maybe that is why I like it so much.

User avatar
By static14
#31430
Richard Band is pretty underrated in my opinion. Still have my fingers crossed that House on Sorority Row gets released on vinyl one of these days :)

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#31437
I think I lucked out on this one, virtually no surface noise at all. It's actually one of the quietest albums I own.

Jurassic Park - Mondo

User avatar
By tim28212
#31441
@static, I agree, I enjoy alot of what Richard Band does, looking forward to From Beyond re-release on vinyl.

@tony, glad you got a quiet copy, after hearing how noisy some were I was so very happy I got black

some new John Barry (for me) for just $1.50

User avatar
By Spun out of control
#31445
@TAG

Re: Pharmakon - Abandon

Just listened to some sound files. That sounds very flipping scary... ;)

@Static

Just found someone over here selling a copy of Phantasm for 65 Euros... seems to be getting much love on this forum - is it worth that kind of money?
User avatar
By static14
#31449
I paid $60 for my copy thanks to another kind forum member I’d say its well worth it.
User avatar
By tim28212
#31453
@static, just noticed the replacement, looks good!
  • 1
  • 95
  • 96
  • 97
  • 98
  • 99
  • 235