Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By static14
#31967
@toosoonjunior Varese Sarabande had Goldsmith conduct North's score for 2001 for a cd release years ago. I'm guessing with Mondo's track record of releasing Varese recordings on LP that this is the same recording.
By EdKings
#31972


Lovin' it!
By EdKings
#31976


Last spin for today.. Goodnight guyz! Hope everyone had a nice weekend (and 1st Mondocon!)
User avatar
By tim28212
#31983
a must for any GOT fan!
User avatar
By tim28212
#31984
I was thinking the same thing static. I never picked up the VS release but remember it.
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#31985
@static, Ah, I see. You may be correct.
User avatar
By tim28212
#31986
a few of todays spins



User avatar
By NathanLurker
#31987
@tim28212 my friend you always gets releases I've ordered on amazon.ca like 3 weeks before me. This Guardian of the Galaxy release is super cheap heh ? on amazon.ca it's gone as low as 15$ and a few cents. Is it really a double lp ? 1 disc for the score, 1 disc for the mixtape ?
User avatar
By tim28212
#31988
@nathan, yes, it's a double lp. the first lp, the mix lp, is getting alot of hype but the Tyler Bates score, 2nd lp, is really good also. I will say my lps were a bit noisy. I gave them a second cleaning but have not listened again to see if it helped.
By colicub
#31989


Latest purchases...been after the Yor soundtrack for ages, so finally being able to blast it loud has been awesome.
User avatar
By static14
#31991
@colicub congrats on snagging Yor. What a cool score for a terrible movie :)
By DISCOSUCKS...
#32017
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15316233451/
I have to say, I rarely buy stuff and then immediately decide to let it go, but after a few listens I'm finding this to be pretty excruciating. My own stupid fault really - I only listened to the title track in advance (which in itself becomes quite maddening after a few different arrangements across the score!) and the rest of it is really godawful - the very thin end of the Fulci wedge for me I'm afraid. This should have been a 10"! ;) I was also suckered by the artwork frankly, which is easily the best WBYK that I've seen (I'm not a huge fan of their style usually...) Who knows, maybe I'll find summat to love in here.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15319059622/
I'm filing this under soundtracks - it's flipping amazing! As the sticker informs, it's a french concept LP from 1979 that is based around Dune. Sounds like that-era Tangerine Dream, which is just great by me. Lovely silver embossed sleeve too, nice work InFine Records!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15132804878/
Can't stop playing this! Which is a good thing, because the first couple of spins were less than impressive - tonns of persistent crackle throughout, but it's calming down thankfully. Sound quality is good, and as you'd expect considering the sources were apparently various editions of the film (including tape!!) I'm all for this sort of "we want to release this even though there are no masters" kind of project, I dig the lo-fi-ness and it certainly befits the film itself - one of the great grubby punk splatter flicks of all time, with something to offend all! :)

Good spinning y'all - I'mma gonna be watching Mondo for the Looper drop today,and see if it's any less insanely priced that the MondoCon exclusive :O
By palmat
#32019
I'm spinning A Cat In The Brain at the moment and so far I'm underwhelmed to say the least. @discosucks, I second every word you wrote on said release. I was also suckered by the artwork. Not Frizzi's finest hour. A really pedestrian release for me. Wish I had saved the money to spend on something else...
User avatar
By Hatter313
#32024
I saw that visions of dune release at Other Music in NYC the other day and have been thinking about it ever since. Worth the blind buy? I was thinking about just walking over there after work today and buying it.
User avatar
By milliondollars
#32034
@diskosuks: i am totally with you on the Cat In The Brain...

was really excited by the announcement and i almost ordered directly from Mondo which i never did so far and i am so happy that i didn't...there was a Fabio Frizzi CD of Zombi 2 that came along with Cat in the Brain in the 90s. i managed to download this CD from the internet and my ears started bleeding once i heard the Cat score. huge disappointment, weak sauce! not to be compared to Zombi 2 or any other stuff he did before...watch out!
User avatar
By milliondollars
#32035
the Visions Of Dune is dropping on Finders Keepers on the controversial casette format very soon by the way:

By DISCOSUCKS...
#32074
Blind buy = :)

I'm really enjoying it, nice reissue to tie in with the Jodorowsky's Dune documentary currently doing the rounds. If you like late 70s TD I can't imagine this disappointing...
By DISCOSUCKS...
#32079
Yeah, me too....who could have known that Mondo would be lining up a shitload of essentials in the months ahead?? I'm gonna hafta get Looper, 2001 and Sean for sure. May flog my Cat in the Brain to help fund this, though perhaps not via this thread! ;)
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's pretty weak stuff anyway.
User avatar
By Hatter313
#32081
70s TD! why yes i believe that settles it. Thanks!
By EvanCampbell
#32198
Disco - I took a pass on buying A Cat in the The Brain....had similar feelings about it. I do like how they put it all together, but packaging alone is not enough :)
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#32227


Have to say on a first listen I'm liking it!

*edit*
O.k. on a second listen some of it is a bit wishy washy (esp. side 1)

*EDIT* Changed my mind again, hah I like it! Think it's a grower.





Awesome
Timeless
Finally...


Clear vinyl with red smoke effect?!! it's orange!
  • 1
  • 97
  • 98
  • 99
  • 100
  • 101
  • 235