Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#33878
Picked this up today locally for just a few bucks. Ought to tide me over until the Cinevox repress comes out later this month.

User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#33881
I have to say this is my first DW release with the new canvas style cover and my God it really is as good as it gets, what a finish. Minimal red splash on black vinyl also great and the music is perfection. Films not bad either :)
User avatar
By tim28212
#33888
so, my excitement about finally getting Hardware was dampened when I pulled out the second disc and saw this



disc one is great, really quiet. I sent LITA an email with pics so fingers crossed they will have stock to ship me a replacement.
User avatar
By The Cult Leader
#33889
Going to spin Mond-001 & Mond-002
The Beyond is probably my favorite Mondo release so far.

User avatar
By texasvinyl
#33890
Very nice, cult. I am waiting on Maniac to show up in the mail. I finally was able to snag a copy for $75. Although my Beyond and Maniac are both the black vinyl versions.

Also, Tim, what are we looking at on that hardware disc 2? something that will come off with a cleaning?
User avatar
By The Cult Leader
#33893
I'm happy to own the Maniac variant because it's rare and worth a lot of money. Besides that I couldn't really care about the color . However The Beyond variant is stunningly beautiful. A nice transparent blue with gorgeous swirls of pink and purple throughout. Really nice to look at.
User avatar
By The Cult Leader
#33894
Friday the 13th just came in today, so that's definitely getting spun next!
Still waiting on the blood filled, hopefully soon.



In the light
By DISCOSUCKS...
#33903
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15259594138/
Exciting to get this finally, though I can't listen to it properly as just this morning I realised that 45rpm has stopped functioning on my Lenco Goldring GL85 :( O fuckity fuck.......well, sounding quite strange indeed at 33.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15423133866/
Lovely AMS goodness, for all of us who wanted to skip Iron Maiden and Andi Sex Gang on the previous edition! Some nice alternate takes on the flip side too, especially "Insects" which has the Goblin at their most Tangerine Dream-ey (and "Jennifer's Friend" too, come to think of it...)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15446202445/
Amazing FKR release of Italian library stuff by Sorghini/Alessandroni super-team, along with the latter's wife on wordless vocal duties. If you like spare, percussive, odd 70s Italo library sounds, this really won't disappoint!
User avatar
By tim28212
#33904
@texas, you are looking at that big white dot on the vinyl, that isn't the camera. At first glance I thought it was a piece of paper or something stuck to the vinyl. On closer examination and a few attempts at cleaning I now think it is vinyl damage. Whatever it is, damage or something that got in the vinyl during the pressing process, it isn't coming out/off.
User avatar
By static14
#33907
that stinks after waiting so long for the repress. hopefully they have replacement copy for you.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#33912
This Dracula will have to do for now :)

User avatar
By maxvelvet
#33918
@disco: damn...I'm still waiting that Delia's 7"!!! :(
______



I need help to remove this vinyl from my turntable...simply one of the best releases of the year! "1966..." it's like a cosmic trip to the border of the universe...it's a satanic drug! ;)
User avatar
By tim28212
#33920
day 5 of T31DOH

following @tony's lead

I love what James Bernard brought to the Hammer films.


User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#33922
@tim - Exactly, it really resonates with the films.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#33923


Loving this right now - wish the recent Cooder box set had been on wax as well as CD tho :(
By EdKings
#33928


Last record for this weekend..
October is the beginning of a full-work-month with a few days of :(
So I will be spinning a lot to take the edge off ;) and ofcourse with a little help from you guys! Have a good evening allya !
User avatar
By tim28212
#33936
from my trip to one of my local shops yesterday. Usually the soundtrack selection is very sparse but I found a few, this being one of them. priced $3 with noisy written on the tag along with a frowny face :( decide to take a chance, brought it home, a trip on the VPI and I turned that frown upside down. :) No idea what it sounded like before but it is a strong VG to VG+ now.

By DISCOSUCKS...
#33937
The Dude Lopsides! ;)

Great great soundtrack....

"No Donnie, these men are nihilists"
User avatar
By tim28212
#33947
If you have not heard of The Can check them out, a band ahead of their time. This is a collection of music they did for several movies.

User avatar
By hncreature
#33967
FINALLY got down to some solid listening...







By DISCOSUCKS...
#33987
^ Good Times!

I'm on a huge Walter Hill / Ry Cooder kick just now - discovering some films that I've somehow managed to avoid (how awesome is Johnny Handsome btw?? and how....urm...."interesting" is the following:)



This is just a balls-out fantastic score! Has a kindof Mark Isham feel to some of it that really surprised me from Cooder, and some of the main themes have the feel of Carpenter's Vampires score (or, vice versa...)
  • 1
  • 103
  • 104
  • 105
  • 106
  • 107
  • 235