Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#34363


The two Andre Previn tracks are absolute killers.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#34411
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15300664879/
Jesus, I can't believe I almost passed on this! It sounds absolutely stunning! Yeah, not cheap - but sometimes,
great quality/music is worth it! If you're a fan of Carlos, orchestral synthiness or this score in particular....go go GO! :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15487210392/
Waxwork knock another one straight out of the park, in my view. Having only ever heard the selections on the previous 1/2/3 compilation release, I wasn't sure how this would pan out musically. Well, happy to see it's pretty damn grroovy! Interesting, varied, funny, spooky.....perfect Hallowe'en run-up tunes.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#34414
Man, Tron is like fifty bucks. Is it really worth it? I can get a copy of the original press for maybe $20. Is there any difference other than the Journey tracks and blue vinyl?
By DISCOSUCKS...
#34415
Dude - I know what you're saying about the price. I have the original and really thought "nah, I won't bother with this one..." Especially since it's an import and, with shipping, it actually cost me around $70 total in the UK store I bought it today.

BUT!

If you love the score (I do!) and you hear the difference between the old version which crammed 55mins of music onto 1 LP and the new audiophile version spread across 4 sides (I can!) then it really is a winner.
User avatar
By static14
#34416
yeah the main difference is that the album is over 50 minutes long so dynamics were sacrificed to get it to fit on a single LP with the original release. Spread over two albums it sounds amazing. I'm sure Disco will back me up on that.

Or as Disco all ready said i guess. I was too slow :)
By DISCOSUCKS...
#34417
@static - we posted simultaneously ;)
User avatar
By Oiche
#34418
The things that bothers me is the inflated price without any reason of production or limitation, other than profit. Probably cutting my nose off because its a good score but it sticks in my throat being shafted and I just.... cant.... do... it....... :P
User avatar
By Bub
#34420
Hey Texas, it can currently be had for just under $43 including shipping on Amazon through a third party seller. I recommend it as well. It's a beautiful package all around.



Amazon Link
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#34440


Heavy loungecore ...aaaand that famous Portishead sample!
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#34521


Anyone else got this one ? I have yet to se the movie.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#34522
Looks good, I am a fan of MoV releases (listening to Fargo TV series OST right now, and it is really good!).

I did see the movie in theaters. My wife and I were pretty much laughing hysterically because we both thought it was totally absurd and dumb. The credits rolled, and pretty much the entire theater (sans us) applauded raucously. So maybe we're just nuts or something.

Spoilers: angry apes riding horses while firing with dual-wielded machine guns...apes that speak with complex vocabulary and language...marky mark...etc
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#34523
Oh I spinned side A of Fargo earlier today, which I've received today with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, along with Days of Future Past, Black Emanuelle, Black Emanuelle Orient Reportage & Ennio Morriocone's The Link. So yeah Fargo, sound very good, very good fit for a mystery story and the vinyl color looks super nice. I'll be spinning it some more later.

Did you see "rise of the Planet of the Apes", texas ? Can you compare Rise and Dawn ?
User avatar
By tim28212
#34525
@nathan, I plan on getting it. I have listened to it on Spotify a few times. It was released close to Game of Thrones and I went for GOT first. Just have to work apes into the budget.

I saw both ape movies and enjoyed them. If you enjoyed Rise you should also enjoy Dawn.
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#34535
Thanks Tim, I did like Rise very much. The score to Dawn is worth it, there's some very fragile and human moments through out the tribal and ominous orchestral music. I took me a few times listening to it on streaming before I decided to purchase it, and it's better listening to the vinyl I'm glad I decided to get it.

I also bought the GoT, I have a hard time keeping up with the releases too.


User avatar
By NathanLurker
#34625


Spinning the score from Tyler Bates
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#34637
Still a favourite.

User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#34640


A blue ballet.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#34660
In so many ways this album is just perfect.

User avatar
By texasvinyl
#34695
In light of all the hazmat suit-on-airplane videos/pictures in the news, I can only think of scenes from E.T.

User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#34702
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#34707


juste arrived in the mail 15 minutes ago.
  • 1
  • 105
  • 106
  • 107
  • 108
  • 109
  • 235