Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
#35964
@TAG i think it starts of really good, that haunting sound love it, then it scares me shitless, then its haunting again and then I'm a quivering wreck!!

Its genius, its genuinely frightening, and its one ill hide from the kids.

Its possibly the most indescribable record I've heard. and you do need to hear it.

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#35967
@phil - couldn't agree more!

It's quite nice & peaceful then it sounds like the end of the world.

Superb.
User avatar
By The Cult Leader
#35998
My order from Milan came in today. Going to give Take Shelter a spin right now. Will drop some comments after.
Unfortunately they sent Arbitrage, Only God Forgives, and Filth on CD by mistake. Sent them an email, hopefully it won't be much of a hassle to get them exchanged.

User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#36009


"They just don't make 'em like her anymore"
By EdKings
#36012
So.. Just decided to unwrap Guardians of the Galaxy and put on the score before going to bed.. Guess I'll be going to bed early... :(

By Ptflea2
#36014
Ouch!!!
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#36019
huuuu this deserves a minute of silence. in respect for the fallen wax. we lost some good wax on the field
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#36025
My homie Sven Libaek is on the turntable now...

By Whip Wilson
#36035
@toosoonjunior - *high five*
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#36037
The Set is pretty cool. It's the only Sven Libaek I've gotten so far. Any other must-haves?
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#36041
@Texas, Sven Libaek is great. Always smooth/relaxing, but funky grooves. I've really enjoyed everything I've heard by him. I was introduced to his music with 'Inner Space' and 'Solar Flares', which I'm still partial to. I'm still getting acquainted with 'The Set' and 'Nature Walkabout' though.

Votary is releasing more of his music in 2014...



By Whip Wilson
#36042
Heck yes, Tex! Solar Flares, Inner Space, Nature Walkabout, To Ride a White Horse, and Boney to name a few. The first three are out on Votary Disk and they have at least two more planned for later this year or early next. They are reasonably priced through LITA and the pressings sound quite good. Dig in!
User avatar
By tim28212
#36119
some seasonal music

User avatar
By tim28212
#36122
after 2 weeks I am finally getting a chance to spin this

worth the wait!

User avatar
By tim28212
#36144
I don't need to tell anyone how great this score is do I? :)


User avatar
By tim28212
#36183
@disco, yep, it's pretty big. I read an interview with JW at the time of the release and he said until scoring the movie he had never seen a vampire film. He captured it really well. I hear shades of James Bernard in it so if one likes what James Bernard did with the Hammer films they should like this.

also, thanks for the inspiration

By DISCOSUCKS...
#36185
:)

"....and I will see the life run out of you!!"
By DISCOSUCKS...
#36186
I will get this. Thanks T-dog!
  • 1
  • 109
  • 110
  • 111
  • 112
  • 113
  • 235