Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#36359
@tim - It's what Alien fans have finally been waiting for. There have been some truly awful games released under the Alien name but this one finally lives up to the hype.
I'm only 5-6 levels in but from what I've played it is terrifying & creepy just like the first movie.

If you own a console I'd say it's well worth picking up but if not you can watch a walk through on YouTube so you can enjoy the story.
User avatar
By tim28212
#36361
I always forget how great a job Mr. Donaggio did with this score. I always seem to overlook this one when I want to hear some Donaggio, always reaching for Carrie or Blowout.

Note-to-self, remember how great Tourist Trap is.

User avatar
By tim28212
#36362
@tony, I don't have a console but have seen a bit of it on youtube. I may have to look for the walk through. I've seen bits and pieces and it looks pretty cool.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#36363
@tim - it's on my wants list, never heard it outside of the film.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#36376
Good stuff, Chris?

(Where's mine, OWS?? Bwaaahhhhhhhh.......)
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#36377
@disco - As a straight shooter that game was awesome, notable mention goes to Alien 3 in the Megadrive too ;)

This one is basically trying to fill the gap between Alien & Aliens and so far is doing a bang up job.
User avatar
By static14
#36378
Yeah I'm really digging it. I ordered mine direct from motionsound so maybe thats why I got it all ready? Dunno.
User avatar
By static14
#36381
all this Alien game talk got me in the mood. My wife asked me if i wanted Salvation for my birthday next week and as a knee jerk to the question "do you want an alien game?" I said no. Maybe I need to rethink that.

User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#36382
I'm planning on ordering Boogey Man when my next paycheck comes through. It keeps getting bumped down in priority after other items,b ut I know I'll regret not snatching this one up when it sells out!
By DISCOSUCKS...
#36384
Yeah it's fair enuff - I think Motion are US based - so I'm v.grateful to OWS for stocking it in Europe :)
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#36388
MotionSound is not US based. It costs about $50 including shipping to the US. I don't think this release is available from any US retailers unfortunately.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#36398
@static - I don't want to sway you none but this is as much an experience as it is a game.
User avatar
By tim28212
#36423
I was very surprised to see this one show up at one of my local shops. a mere $6 in mint shape.

User avatar
By tim28212
#36437
visiting one of my local shops I came across this one, I grabbed it and then noticed the note attached saying side 1 VG-, side 2 ok. with a price of $13 and a sale with an additional 10% off I decide to chance it. got it home and gave it a few spins on the VPI letting my solution soak a bit the results are, side 2 is a VG++ and side 1, the reason one buys this album, went from a VG- to an overall VG+. The vinyl is quiet but does have some minor groove damage in some spots resulting in upper range breakup. But, it's very listenable and for $13 I am a happy camper! :)

By DISCOSUCKS...
#36446
^ very nice score Tim! Still conspicious by it's absence in my collection....

Hallowe'en season brings out all the big guns for me:

User avatar
By lazyben
#36460
disco, is that a cd? I've never heard this one and you sent me scurrying around in a panic and I can only find a cd release.
  • 1
  • 111
  • 112
  • 113
  • 114
  • 115
  • 235