Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#36733
This is my first chance to listen to Hardware front to back since receiving it a couple weeks. It's really great listen and artwork is awesome.

User avatar
By tim28212
#36735
@toosoon, Hardware is great but I am still waiting on my 2nd LP replacement from LITA. I got a shipping notice last week so it should be here soon.
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#36736
@tim, ah, that's a bummer! I know for some of us who missed the boat on the 1st press, this has already been a long wait due to the release getting postponed multiple time. I hope your replacement turns up soon!
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#36739
Revisiting this funky LP. This was the first DW release I purchased. Bought it at Factory Records in Coast Mesa, CA. For some reason, I haven't given it a ton of spins even though it's what turned me on to DW.

User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#36742
@toosoon and others

Would you recommend manchester morgue?

It's long been on my, maybe list. Was holding out for an affordable sub copy.
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#36747


Says tough guys on the sleeve, but music is from the film three tough guys, and the main theme sings about two tough guys?
User avatar
By hncreature
#36774
I haven't tried it up against the movie but my Lp has a nice fat scratch at beginning of side 2 so I'm hoping to hear back about an exchange
User avatar
By Spun out of control
#36778
Great to have this finally in hand and spinning...

Though a less impressive creamy, buttery colour on the turnable, you get more of the day glo yellow of the look of the series when held up to the light.

A late contender of soundtrack of the year. 'Eclectic' doesn't quite cover it...!
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#36779
The Sorgini Manchester Morgue is awesome. One of my favorite releases from the Death Waltz catalog.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#36780
Yeah the disc looks great, subtle smoky marbling effect on the yellow color. I have given it a several spins in as many days. A couple of tracks I really don't remember being in the show, in particular a really cheery one towards the end of side B. I also wish the "chilies, sand, bleach, spoon" bit had been the original dialogue instead of the "anonymized" vocal effect they used for the vinyl.
User avatar
By Spun out of control
#36784
@texas

Yes, I know some purists complain when there is dialogue on a soundtrack, but I actually like the snatches of dialogue woven in with the sound - especially when the series is very quotable, as Utopia is. Helps set the mood, which here is quite dark one moment, poppy and manic the next.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#36786
^^ Agreed!

Just to throw a spanner in the works....Manchester Morgue is arguably a stonking main theme, with some quite good atmospherics filling out the rest of the LP. At the moment, someone is selling at a very reasonable price the Jap 7" of the main theme (under title "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie") ;)

Just planting seeds....
By DISCOSUCKS...
#36787
EDIT - just checked the listing, and it's now twice the price it was yesterday! Doh.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#36799
Where is Jessica Hyde??
User avatar
By hncreature
#36802
Really like the CQ soundtrack...is that a single disco?
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#36804
Man, I kept seeing posts about this Utopia LP, but am just now listening to the full album on youtube. I really need to snatch this one up...it's amazing! So strange and so beautiful.

It looks like Norman Records may be my best bet as far as price+shipping to US is concerned. Can anyone confirm?
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#36928
YES! Been waiting on this pre-order to arrive for months!

Makeup and Vanity Set - 88:88

For those who like alien abduction themed synthwave.


User avatar
By texasvinyl
#36930
I got mine from newonvinyl, the price might be better due to better conversion rate on the euro and the price drops without VAT. Got it with Watch Dogs splatter and DJ Krush Jaku on clear wax.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#37102


Thanks for the recommendation...still trying to track down a copy of Shapwick.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#37176
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/14981060743/

Jeezuz, what a main theme!!

I may actually take another look at the film too - I've just looked it up, and never realised that Robert Forster was in it!

"Dick Laurent is dead!"

(Which is sortof funny, as there's a track on the OST called Durant is Dead!)
  • 1
  • 114
  • 115
  • 116
  • 117
  • 118
  • 235