Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By static14
#37178
@Disco it really is a good isn't it. Easily one of the more unique scores from Barry's body of work.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#37180
For sure. Kinda makes me think of Maurice Jarre......

Now, I was just today bemoaning that in the run-up to All Hallow's Eve, I seem to be running out of decent horror flicks - especially new (that are worth bothering with) but also old.

Your mention of Funhouse was perfectly timed! I'm gonna have me some old-school Hooper in 1080p, yesss! Had completely forgotten what a winner it is.

User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#37215
Currently spinning this Espectrostatic LP I got in the mail today. A friend of mine introduced me to this project a couple weeks ago and it was an insta-buy for me. Really great horror-inspired synth from Austin, TX.

https://espectrostatic.bandcamp.com/alb ... ctrostatic





After this, I'm going to move on to these tapes I also just received from LITA today.
User avatar
By reelybored
#37358
Nice! My trt not slated to arrive until the 28th :-(
By EvanCampbell
#37362
@texas is that the b side picture disc of house of the devil?
By EvanCampbell
#37366
Kind of amazing how Cronenberg saw it coming
Great film and great score!

By EvanCampbell
#37369
Looks cool...perfect Halloween time spinning :)
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#37618
Just got this in the mail today. Going to pop it in the deck now!

By DISCOSUCKS...
#37692
Couple of nice surprises before leaving for work today:


User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#37694
@tim - I've played this so much recently.

Slowly but surely becoming my favourite Goldsmith.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#37695
@disco - Haven't bitten the bullet on Jimmy Chambers yet, should I?
User avatar
By tim28212
#37696
@tony, it's one of my all time favorites. I purchased the score long before ever seeing the movie. I was 16 when it was release and mom was not going to let me see an R rated movie. Thanks to my dad, I did.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#37698
@tim - Dad's can be pretty awesome at times.

Mine took me to see The Crow when I was too young to get in & that score is one of my all time favourites too.
User avatar
By tim28212
#37704
you guys may remember, after waiting months for the black vinyl edition of Hardware, it arrived with the 2nd LP defective. I contacted LITA and they said they would get a replacement in the mail. It arrived this week and imagine how surprised and happy I was to see they had sent me one of the limited white edition. This helped a bit with the disappointment of losing my copy of Tron due to declined funds.

By DISCOSUCKS...
#37708
Hey @TAG - it really depends sir. The song is credited partly to Carpenter, but only in that the arrangement is based on the AOP13 main theme/sorta "samples" it. If you like a bit of soul- funk/down tempo Northern Soul around your yard, you might dig it as a song (Jimmy Chambers apparently had his time in the sun...) but basically anyone who's seen my JC collection knows I'm a completist freak so I had to go for it. The original 7" promo goes for silly bucks these days ;) It's a curio all right - only used on the Canadian release of the film, I understand. Well - I freakin' love it anyway!

Nice package though! Like the front sleeve, haven't checked the remix on the flip yet. Heck, here's the song if it helps you decide hoss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iBcdBJ0yao
By DISCOSUCKS...
#37717
My old man took me to see Return of the Living Dead on my 15th birthday, and to this day it's quite possibly the best time I've ever had in a movie theatre!
User avatar
By tim28212
#37719
a bit of fun

By Ptflea2
#37721
Back to back Fabio Frizzi. Getting in the Halloween mood.

  • 1
  • 115
  • 116
  • 117
  • 118
  • 119
  • 235