Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
#40259
He hath sounds to soothe the savage beast!
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#40262
@disco - But seriously, this album.
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#40272
7" with themes by DJ Shadow from the 2000 documentary 'Dark Days'

Picked it up from Turntable Lab about 6 months ago when a few extra apparently turned up in a warehouse somewhere.


By Whip Wilson
#40273
Excellent 7", toosoon! I never tracked down a copy on vinyl, but I have the tracks on CD. The story of how Shadow came to have his music used as the score is pretty cool as well.
User avatar
By tim28212
#40336
@static, I see you are continuing your Carpenter session :)
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#40337
@Mateo, I don't think I know the story. Do tell! Or have a link to an article?
User avatar
By static14
#40340
The Fog was the capper. :) On to other stuff now.

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#40341
Beautiful.

User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#40359
Not vinyl, but currently listening to the MP3s for the Blue Ruin OST until I receive the record toward the beginning of 2015.

Nice, unsettling ambience.


By EdKings
#40404
Hey Guys! First post since a couple of days again, had my birthday this weekend.. So party hardy.. And finally some relax-time again. Doing the Double-Take tonight, here's the playlist so far..


Starting with Goldsmith!


Spinning lots of Elfman lately..


Some nightmare's before going to bed..
By Whip Wilson
#40422
[quote=40337]@Mateo, I don’t think I know the story. Do tell! Or have a link to an article?[/quote]It's been years and I'm at work so please excuse my butchery. The info came from one of the docs included as a special feature on the original DVD release. The short of it is that the director used DJ Shadow's commercially available tunes as stand in music whilst editing the film. A not uncommon practice (see how North's 2001 score became "unused"). Anyway, someone showed the rough cut to Shadow and he dug it so much that he worked with the director to pick songs from his existing catalog to score the film and he even wrote two new tracks to boot. There's a lot more color in the doc. I'll look for a YouTube link later.
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#40424
@mateo, interesting...I'll have to see if I can track down that video.

Now currently building steam with a grain of salt...
By Whip Wilson
#40425
I love that record so much that I have a sealed copy and a listening copy. A great record that discovered me at the perfect time.
By philball1974
#40426
I saw djshadow support radiohead many years ago. At the time I hadn't really discovered trip hop and didn't like him. Wasn't until a few years later I realised the guys genius!
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#40458
Coolicon - Carter Tutti 45 rpm 10"



Highly recommended for druggy drone heads.
User avatar
By reelybored
#40552
Let the right one in

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#40716
End up paying a little over £9 for this on 'the bay' so doubly pleased.

As much as I love my original this sounds fantastic.
And is still IMO the best Halloween score to date.

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#40718
Anyone who's a fan of the AOP13 OST should really invest in a copy of this.

Plus it's a great track.

  • 1
  • 124
  • 125
  • 126
  • 127
  • 128
  • 235