Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#40843
Just got this beauty in the mail and immediately threw it on the turntable...instantly transporting me to the Trans Pecos region of Texas. :)

User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#40844
Que es? Morricone?
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#40847
I like it. I like it a lot. Makes me want to eat shrooms and dance around naked. Very Paris Texas-esque and way more intense that most horror scores.
Thanks for the tip.
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#40849
The deluxe Lizard in a Woman's Skin just landed today as well. Let's see what this malarkey is all about.

I'm a few tracks in and it's lovely.


User avatar
By static14
#40851
@toosoonjunior Real treat for the ear holes ain't it?
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#40852
@static, my ear holes are in a good place right now! Nice suspenseful/funky/jazzy vibe to this one.
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#40873
Carter Tutti Void - Transverse



D-O-P-E
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#40880
Amon Tobin has always had a special place in my heart.



Amon and Splinter Cell is the perfect combination.

User avatar
By deafmetal
#40885
Amon Tobin is a masterful sound manipulator. Impeccable sampling skills/selections.
User avatar
By hncreature
#40900
SO GOOD! I got one of the earlier release and glad to see it available again for those who missed it - A favorite of my Sunday morning spins
User avatar
By static14
#41228
A noticeable improvement in sound quality over the previous release! My only wish was that is was on black or clear vinyl. There is a bit of background noise sadly.

By DISCOSUCKS...
#41253
Hey @Static - I think you may have been either a little unlucky, or you have waaay better gear than myself.

Well, I can't comment on the former, but I'm pretty sure about the latter! :P

My orange store copy is fairly quiet, I would say.

In any case, sounds great! Expanded!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15600266319/

And after that....wow. So this actually happened then. Can't believe it - and to cap it all, I didn't get hit with the expected customs charge:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15784218741/

Just about to "uncork" this beauty ;)
User avatar
By static14
#41276
@disco after a couple of runs through the Nitty Gritty Halloween is sounding much quieter. after the first cleaning there was an orange tint to the used fluid! I've never seen anything like that before.
User avatar
By static14
#41301
enjoying myself this morning :)





User avatar
By static14
#41307
I wonder if Goldsmith threw up in his mouth a little when he heard the Frank Stallone songs that would "cap" each of the Rambo movies?
By Whip Wilson
#41350
[quote=41307]I wonder if Goldsmith threw up in his mouth a little when he heard the Frank Stallone songs that would “cap” each of the Rambo movies?[/quote] I'm sure you're right, Static. A lot of folks (even famous ones) get quite nervous when they meet or share work with one of their idols. I don't see why Mr. Goldsmith would be any different.
User avatar
By static14
#41352
@Mateo you just got a huge smile outta me.
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#41378
I'm late to the game, but just received this in the mail from OWS. Finally getting to spend some quality time with the Boogey Man!


User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#41386
@texas - Looks sweet brother.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#41388
It's a very bright neon green... I'd call it "antifreeze green." Pressing is nice and quiet.

If anyone wants a black vinyl copy for less than Mondo is charging let me know.
  • 1
  • 125
  • 126
  • 127
  • 128
  • 129
  • 235