Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
#42357
Oof - coupla bad boys dropped today:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15824647706/

Beautiful all round package, great sound. Cool that I picked it up today - I'm working with a bunch of kids who've programmed a 10th Anniversary screening of this at an arts cinema where I work, and we're doing it with "live zombie interaction"! Should be a blast :O

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15664710427/

This is just a hell of a thing.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42359
@Disco - Is that Warning Sign?
User avatar
By The Cult Leader
#42360
@toosoonjunior I snagged one of the fantasy cassettes for you. It'll be about $10 shipped. Sounds good? Shoot me an email.
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#42361
@thecultleader, I have the Fantasy tape, it's ghostfires who is looking for it. Much appreciated though!
User avatar
By tim28212
#42364
so far the black vinyl is very quiet with just the occasional tick or pop, very happy!

User avatar
By static14
#42366
@Tim if you have the Varese release how does the new one compare sonically? I'm on the fence about getting this.
User avatar
By tim28212
#42369
@static, unfortunately I don't have a copy of the original. I would probably be on the fence otherwise. I don't have anything to compare it to but I have no complaints with it at all. Side 4 was a bit noisier than the other 3, nothing terrible but noticeable.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42372
@Static, happy to do a comparison and report back once my copy washes up in the UK - though my gear is like Fisher Price shit compared to your rig! ;)

Main thing is....the Mondo is expanded isn't it? I honestly can't remember....
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42374
@TAGmeister -- it is indeed, quite a surprise this morning, actually did the comedy jump-out-of-the-shower to catch the postman today, as he was delivering a bit of kit I need for my gig. Am I the first to get this then?

User avatar
By tim28212
#42377
different and creepy

User avatar
By hncreature
#42383
Neighbors think I'm nuts for sure after hearing the above through the walls...

User avatar
By tim28212
#42385
@creature, it sounds like an intense/extreme edition of Disney's Sounds of Halloween or something along those lines. Not sure how much play it will get and/or if it's a keeper.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42386
@disco - I've just not heard it, is it something I should be checking out?
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42389
@tim, @creature - This is one of my favourite releases of the year.
User avatar
By static14
#42392
Thanks @Disco!
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42393
I have the original, and have always rated it/Safan. This score has a similar feel/sounds to Charles Bernstein's stuff for Wes Craven around the same time (Elm Street / Deadly Friend) and that distinctive "ttthhhhhhhhhhhDUNK!" sound that you'll remember from The Abyss ;)

You could suck a few YT samples and see, but actually my advice is watch the movie - it's pretty neat! Kinda like a melodramatic Andromeda Strain vibe, mixed with those early 80s TV movies by Wes Craven that I really liked as a teen (Chiller, Invitation to Hell) those not as goofy as either of those! ;)

Errm...hope that kinda helps kiddo!
User avatar
By static14
#42412
Good one @Tim :) I need to add that to my want list.
User avatar
By tim28212
#42413
It right there next to Alien so guess which one I tend to grab. This is one that doesn't get nearly enough spins :)
User avatar
By static14
#42416
More Richard Band :)

User avatar
By tim28212
#42417
and even more... :)


this up there as one of Mr. Band's best for me, it really deserves a re-issue from one of our favorite labels.
User avatar
By static14
#42421
Absolutely! Also someone needs to release The House on sorority Row on vinyl. It's a favorite of mine.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42423
@disco - Im'a check dis out.
  • 1
  • 131
  • 132
  • 133
  • 134
  • 135
  • 235