Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By Spun out of control
#42516
Some spooky theremin & church organ action for a dark, wet and windy Sunday evening....

This is the DeathWaltz variant which arrived with me yesterday - steel grey with blood spatter effect...

(Incidentally this is my first experience of The Night Terrors - interested to know from those more knowledgeable on the board how this compares with their previous efforts and whether they're also worth picking up?)
User avatar
By hncreature
#42522
Listing and listening...











User avatar
By static14
#42523
@hncreature looks like you're having a lovely evening for yourself :)
User avatar
By hncreature
#42525
That would be a morning / early afternoon...

I forgot my comparison for you static - I found the original was warmer and richer with the vocal bits having more movement to my ears than the Mondo...and The Ramones tunes were pretty quiet on Side D - This coming from nowhere near a comparison "pro"
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42538
It's damn fine stuff indeed! I rescued this LP from the back of my collection, misfiled under "general" when it clearly belongs in my OST/library/related vaults!

I played the shit out of this about 10 years ago, my copy is douched! Been looking on The Cogs for a decent replacement -- it's THAT good people!

Play inbetween "Bedazzled" OST and Cramps "Off The Bone"....
User avatar
By tim28212
#42554
something a bit different, I don't have a huge jazz collection but I have a few of the essentials

6-eye, mono pressing
User avatar
By Hatter313
#42558
hey Spun,

Their first record "Back to Zero" is very very cool, but in my opinion, the follow up, "Spiral Vortex", blows it out of the water. i would recommend both very highly though.

I haven't spun this yet, its a t home a little further down the pile in my new arrivals, but from what ive sampled online, i gotta say this one may be even better than the last 2.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42563
I'm really digging Mondo's A Cat In The Brain, sounds very weighty.

One of my favourite Mondo releases.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42567
A masterpiece.

User avatar
By Spun out of control
#42569
Thanks @Hatter

I was wondering how accessible the other stuff was in comparison - the latest is a little heavy/histrionic in places with the church organ pipes pounding away... guess I'm wondering if the earlier stuff is poppier and more obviously synth-y - will just have to listen for myself ;)
User avatar
By tim28212
#42573
The Can is one of my discoveries this year. This is their third release, a double LP and all is good but side 3 "Aumgn" is right up DW listeners alley.

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#42580
@disco - Tis a fine, fine thing.
User avatar
By Oiche
#42594
@disco - brilliant brilliant LP. Robin is also a lovely bloke. Have you listened to latest?(only on CD sadly) I must say its superb and I don't buy CDs very often.
User avatar
By tim28212
#42596
since I haven't gotten the expanded DW edition, and probably wont till after the holidays, yet this will have to do, the expanded CD edition
By DISCOSUCKS...
#42601
I didn't know about the new one, thanks for the heads-up brother @Oiche. I don't do CDs at all these days, 100% plastic or digi files.....so I'll look into it ;)
By Vapourmire
#42613
I joked with Robin a while back about him coming round and recording the sounds of my shed and it's 'haunted rake'. Then I find he's released an album about a bloody gate! and a really good album too which I must buy. He's a lovely guy and that Ghosts of Bush album is fantastic. Did you get hold of this one too?:
User avatar
By Oiche
#42616
I like this too Vapourmire, but not as much as the one before or after, which I am playing to death. I got the edition with a bit of the 'gate' tape included and some badges, which is just the kind of thing that excites me :)


The Frank OST cd you can also see I won on Trunks OST show a few weeks back.
User avatar
By Hatter313
#42622
one of my favs
User avatar
By tim28212
#42623
hard to believe John Williams had never seen a vampire movie till he scored Dracula. He did a wonderful job! agree with @hatter, one of my favs.
User avatar
By tim28212
#42624
I am doing domestic chores getting ready for Thanksgiving so forgive the fact that these are all CDs







I'll just add that all of these could use a vinyl release. One label hinted at 'The Funhouse' (comes with my highest recommendation btw) but I cannot remember which.
  • 1
  • 133
  • 134
  • 135
  • 136
  • 137
  • 235