Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By hncreature
#43096
Hey Cult - Is Night Crossing worthy?
By DISCOSUCKS...
#43100
Picked up a few bits...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15724823130/

Terrible terrible film, fantastic score!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15724821810/

Pretty good 80s film, nice jazzy score by Mitchell Froom (Cafe Flesh). In honesty though, this would be worth having for the sleeve alone - the goddess Virginia Madsen! :D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15724647508/

Having been eyeing this up for a while, really nice copy.
User avatar
By tim28212
#43109
@creater, Night Crossing is very worthy, I personally think it is a wonderful score and one any Goldsmith fan should have in their collection :)
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#43112
@booth - would love a copy of this.
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#43113
@disco - Need to check out that Slam Dance.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#43116
I recall the film is pretty decent, have a soft spot for it anyway but should probably revisit before I recommend too enthusiastically! ;)
By Whip Wilson
#43154
Lovely score, Static. I began the day with Antarctica.
User avatar
By static14
#43157
I need to grab that on vinyl @Mateo. I only have the CD.


Great score to an okay movie.
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#43189


I'm sure some of you guys are Godspeed You Black Emperor fans, right ?
User avatar
By NathanLurker
#43191
And this before going to sleep.



Good night
User avatar
By zuko
#43199


This is really lovely, been getting a lot of play on Spotify. Will definitely be bagging the Finders Keepers release next year.
By ghostfires
#43233




Just got in the newest album from The Slasher Film Festival Strategy, Wet Leather, and much to my surprise I had also received a test pressing in the package. How awesome! This album sounds so good too...to classify it simply as Carpenter worship would be a disservice to the music. It's darkwave synth music at its finest. If you liked the recent Slasher Dave album, you'll love this record.

User avatar
By Spun out of control
#43235
Looks awesome @ghostfires.. waiting on this one myself from DW UK (pink/clear apparently). Yours looks like a fantastic match with the artwork though.

Checking out their earlier 'Crimson Throne' LP on bandcamp now.
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#43259
Now moving on to Pentagram Home Video tape I also received today. Good stuff I probably never would've heard of if it weren't for this forum! ;)

By Whip Wilson
#43262
Toosoon, you are also bringing the heat on here right now. I am really enjoying some of the records and tapes you post in here. How do you suss these out? Would it be a terrible imposition to request you give us a heads up on some of the more limited or interesting releases you are keyed into?
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#43270
Thanks, Mateo! I'm flattered. Truth be told, I spend too much time sleuthing the internet for new music. I'd be happy to give a heads-up here though.

I've posted about a number of tapes in the Synthwave and Cassette threads over the past few weeks that I recommend. That Pentagram Home Video wasn't on my radar until someone else posted about it on STBC.
  • 1
  • 137
  • 138
  • 139
  • 140
  • 141
  • 235