Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Pain_Bubbles
#44944
Off-topic, but Volzom Zofbie, what stylus are you using on that Ortofon concorde?
I am asking because I keep comng back to my Concorde with stylus 10, even though I own the more expensive Denon DL110 and Audio Technica 150MLX, the concorde just sounds right somehow.
I am seriously considering getting rid of the 150MLX to make funds available for a couple of stylus 20's.
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#44952
Stylus? Is that the needle?
I have no idea.
Couldn't care less.. about the tech, I'm here for the muzik.
:/
By Pain_Bubbles
#44954
Haha, that IS the most important bit!

I assumed you were using one of Ortofon's "Hi-Fi" needles, as opposed to the heavy tracking DJ needle that comes with the concorde.

Most of the needles in these Ortofon lines are interchangeable, so you can just get a "stylus 10" from amazon, an eliptical "Hi-Fi" needle which tracks at 1.5 grams and switch it with your DJ needle on the Concorde. (A popular set-up for Technics owners)
User avatar
By Volzom Zofbie
#44956


Occasionally I just loves me some good old ..Wagner!
User avatar
By static14
#44961
@Pain_Bubbles I used to run a Concorde with a 40 stylus on my SL-1200MK2. It was a very nice combo. :)
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#44969


I had to go into a Hot Topic store, but I did manage to find a copy tonight.
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#44970
Hmm, I may stop by my local Hot Topic and see if they happen to have any DOTD.
User avatar
By jgibbs4053
#44999
Return of the Living Dead probably my fav horror movie
User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#45043
@Nathan - Killer tunes, much love for that record.

Morning listening.


If any of my STBC brethren were on the fence about this I can only say how fantastic it is.
Very much in the vein of Bruce Langhorn's Hired Hand, it's a prefect early morning/late evening listen.
Even Mrs TAG is a fan.
By DISCOSUCKS...
#45044
^ Like the sound of this @TAG -- will follow up your rec anon :)

Have a few bits for morning listen before work:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15442947803/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15876523299/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/15876523789/

And right at the death of the year - out and out re-issue of the year by a long chalk:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97369522@N07/16036816866/

simply stunning in every way. Superior Viaduct continue to be my kinda label. And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg
to get their stuff here in the UK, even though they are a US label.....other labels, take note! ;)

User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#45047
I ordered 'Not Here' direct from the artists bandcamp and have been enjoying the mp3s until the record arrives. Truly a great album I wouldn't have known about if it weren't for Death Waltz. It's what I imagine Austin, TX band Balmorhea would sound like if they spiraled into a deep, dark depression. :)
User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#45048
Can anyone speak to how this reissue of Planete Sauvage compares to the previous reissues?
By DISCOSUCKS...
#45056
It sounds absolutely stellar, and the packaging is a joy for the eyes - beautifully done all round, highly rec'd!

User avatar
By tonyandrewgiles
#45061
100% agree with @disco, I'm spinning this now and am just blown away but it.

The sound is utter perfection.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#45063
I have one of the previous reissues, # 2 C 066-12698 on Pathe Marconi (2006) and just did a comparison listen. The S.V. sounds like a better master, more dynamic and punchier than the Pathe. And I really like the jacket and label design Superior Viaduct used. The jacket is a good quality heavy sleeve with spot UV varnish. The whole thing turned out nicely and is one of the best yet from S.V.
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#45065
May have to pick this up, have the cd but have been holding out for an og press.

What I really want though is the unreleased bgm from rene laloux's 'the time masters' on vinyl. Ambient french electronics from 82.
User avatar
By static14
#45075
By the way if anyone is looking for a new phono stage I cannot recommend the Parks Audio Budgie enough! This thing continues to amaze album after album. This is hands down the best phono preamp i have ever had in my system!



  • 1
  • 146
  • 147
  • 148
  • 149
  • 150
  • 235