[quote=47364]@nathan – one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.
Took a while for my hearing to come back
[/quote]
[quote=47365]Amongst The Catacombs of Nephren-Ka is my favorite Nile album, followed closely by Black Seeds of Vengeance. I have seen them live at least half a dozen times, great band![/quote]
[quote=47367]I’ve seen them live the first time for the Black Seeds of Vengeance Tour, Chief Spires was still in the band! Seen them live other times and I have a pretty insane collection of stuff…included Sanders solo project (love it!) [/quote]
Sweet, guys ! If I get the chance to see them sometimes I would definitely like to go see them ! Glad to see some people into Nile on the board.You never know, since we're ll here for soundtracks, that we also share some other things. I'm not sure I have a favorite album, they're all pretty strong. except I don't listen to Annihilation of the Wicked, and I'm missing "In Their Darkened Shrine" in my vinyl collection.
[quote=47383]Never heard of Nile. Reccommendations?[/quote]
I think most people agree that Black Seeds of Vengeance and In Their Darkened Shrine are the starting off point for newcomers to NILE. But I would also check the songs "The Essential Salts" and "Even The Gods Must Die" from the album "Ithyphallic" and also the title track from "Those Whom the Gods Detest"
EDIT: By the Way, YES the 2 solo albums from Karl Sanders, "Saurian Meditations" and "Saurian Exorcisms" are fantastic ! favorite from saurian Exorcisms:
[video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbtb3GvXoxQ[/video]