Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By tim28212
#50622
It's been a while since a release has excited me this much. When this showed up for $28 free shipping I jumped. I know when first released back in the summer there was chatter about it being a boot but I'm convinced it's the real deal. It's just too perfect. Dead quite vinyl and cut at 45RPM. A wonderful release that will be getting plenty of spins.

User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#50624
@dagar, I actually found that Zelda record to be a pretty enjoyable listen despite just being 8-bit chiptunes.
User avatar
By tim28212
#50625
waiting for my local shop to get ^^^^this in!
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#50630
Tim where did you find that Mohicans LP? What's the cat #?
User avatar
By static14
#50631
@Tim I actually just finally ordered this myself. I can't wait to give it a listen!
User avatar
By soundtracks of fear
#50633
Yeah it's a weird one, quite infectious in a silly way, and it feels a little bit special! Great cover @too(soon)
User avatar
By tim28212
#50635
@texas, I got it off ebay from seller "get_imports". I believe they also sell through Amazon.com. I've had my eye on it for some time. It was in my watch lists on ebay and Amazon. When it dropped to $28 on ebay with free shipping, I went for it. Catalog number on the spine is 0209641MCM and the barcode number is 4 029759 096412.

@static, I think you are going to be very pleased. I know I am! You know the score so you know how quiet it gets. I think I've counted 2 ticks on the vinyl and I am not sure that wasn't the baseboard heat kicking in. :)

I think some thought it was a boot because the jacket cover is so grainy but I checked my CD version and they look the same. All copyright warnings and "used with permission" statements are present so I find it very hard for this to be a boot.
User avatar
By tim28212
#50644
this has been in one of my local shops for probably over 2 years, being in a spending mood I finally said what the hell, it's on the Varese Sarabande label. don't know a thing about the movie but the score is pretty good.
User avatar
By tim28212
#50646
tried this once and didn't care for it. giving it another spin before deciding if it goes in the trade bin

User avatar
By tim28212
#50659
like a few others here I will be passing on the re-issue and sticking with my original

User avatar
By texasvinyl
#50666


Always fun to see how long this plays before I remember it is cut at 45RPM.
User avatar
By chiefbrody
#50671
First spin of this, after listening to mp3s all week. Good clean sounds off the black/white swirl.

User avatar
By chiefbrody
#50674
My first OWS record. It might be time to look out the dvd of this. Amazing score by Glass.

User avatar
By tim28212
#50681
another Michael Kamen score discovered at my local shop in minty fresh condition


User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#50685
I would LOVE to see someone issue this score on vinyl. The Thin Blue Line is easily one of my top 3 favorite documentaries and the soundtrack was my introduction to Philip Glass. Unfortunately, the only issue of this soundtrack on vinyl contains dialogue from the film mixed with the score in the background. It serves more as story record rather than a OST record. Very odd decision, but enjoyable listen nonetheless if you dig the documentary..

User avatar
By toosoonjunior
#50686
I would LOVE to see someone issue this score on vinyl. The Thin Blue Line is easily one of my top 3 favorite documentaries and the soundtrack was my introduction to Philip Glass way back when. Unfortunately, the only issue of this soundtrack on vinyl contains dialogue from the film mixed with the score in the background. It serves more as story record rather than a OST record. Very odd decision, but enjoyable listen nonetheless if you dig the documentary. Very interesting crime and a snapshot of Texas history.

By DISCOSUCKS...
#50689
@Tim - did you enjoy? I absolutely LOVE this film, it's 80s Cimino so completely batshit crazy! Mickey Rourke was my god as a young chap, and his performance in this is just completely off-the-hook.......breathtaking! If you do catch the flick, just ponder: can you imagine any major movie star today taking this many chances with a character??

I think the score, like all of Mansfield's work for Cimino, is something of an unheralded gem.
User avatar
By tim28212
#50691
@disco, yes, I did enjoy it. I will have to check our collection at work to see if we have it. Never heard of it though. Usually I can at least remember seeing trailers for a movie but this one does not ring any bells. Anyway, I can see myself spinning this one again.
  • 1
  • 179
  • 180
  • 181
  • 182
  • 183
  • 235