Blue Sky Black Death - Noir
Kingston and Young God create another masterpiece akin to A Heap of Broken Images and Late Night Cinema. Cinematic, epic, shoegaze influenced instrumentals, deep memorizing tracks that leave you in a different state of mind. In my opinion, BSBD are some of the best producers in the game. They have a complete understanding of musical progression and develop some of the best instrumental music I've ever heard. NOIR really highlights their talents and only leaves you wanting more. I cannot recommend this album enough.
[video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5UCmF-sKuo[/video]
[video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uz5niB5nJo[/video]
Emancipator - Safe In The Steep Cliffs
'Safe In The Steep Cliffs' has the tightest, most unique, most organic instrumentals I've heard in the last few years. This album has a new palette of sounds and samples from around the world, including original recordings (guitar/violin/mandolin/banjo) and new guest artists including Japanese jazz musician Uyama Hiroto. It's ominous and overgrown, dense and ethereal. And epic. Always epic.
[video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZH1V8ljoOs[/video]
[video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz4aVM8fug0[/video]